[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

keebler021

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having load issues with Netflix 1.5 the newest update??? it refuses to load. The all red netflix screen will attempt to load then flash back to the home screen.

There are a few apps that aren't compatible with the ICS framework yet (after all, this version isn't even out yet ;-) ). I haven't been able to get Netflix to work either.

Sent on Ice Cream Sandwich from the future of Android

RMM1981

Banned
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
no one knows how to get the "data usage warning" to go away? says "usage exceeds 2.0 GB" & showed up while I was tethering.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

I've had the same problem & couldn't get anyone to help me out. But what I did was did a fresh install and wiped everything. Yea it sucks to have to do that instead of just updating but it worked for me (so far)... we will see.

Mmmm...ice cream....

vnv01

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Without actually going in and changing the code that puts a limit on the Mms.apk...

Try GO SMS or Handcent... Both are way better than stock anyways.... I know GO SMS works, I've had it running without issue..

Not sure if Handcent works either.. it didn't with my 3.2...

Honestly, anybody that needs to be productive should be restoring their GB roms for work, and flashing back to ICS(SDK) for play only.

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Here's 220. Looks pretty good! The dock looks out of proportion though. Thanks for the tip

(This is a line in build.prop we're editing.)

That is exactly what the dock looks like on the Galaxy Nexus.

Just did it myself, looks awesome.

screenshot2011110612284.png

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
That is exactly what the dock looks like on the Galaxy Nexus.

Just did it myself, looks awesome.

Yeah it's probably just that after using this rom for a while I had gotten used to the bigger icons. 220 setup looks normal now that I've had it on for a day.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
This thread is massive; I read ten pages or so and ran a search, but nothing really concrete came up. Is there a fix for the Music not streaming? I full wiped/Dalvik wiped/resycned/resetup and nothing seems to work. WiFi and 3G both just bring up the song but never start streaming.

Otherwise, awesome work on this. I love just about everything. Going back to GB seems so primitive now.

Streaming works for me. One thing that was discovered is that GMusic limits you to 8 devices, and each time you flash a new rom it registers your phone as a new device. So if you go to music.google.com and click the settings icon on the upper right, if you see you are maxed out on devices, just clear a bunch of them. Hope this helps.

Reactions: sobis1dm

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's probably just that after using this rom for a while I had gotten used to the bigger icons. 220 setup looks normal now that I've had it on for a day.

Just a little OCD, the white bar above the dock gets grayer as it progresses to the right xD

EDIT: Set the density to 215 and it looks better now. Not that much smaller, too! :D

Enyo.

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Hay beezy,
I have ported ICS To the fascinate and everything works except radio.
The radio says "Roaming indicator flashing" and still calls out and sends texts but i cant get internet.
Do you know how to fix this?

Vinnypel2ella

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
hey beezy, thought i'd throw this up there. The boot animation included in 3.6 is awesome but the images are not exactly formatted for our screens. This attached boot animation is formatted for our screens and IMO looks a little better. If you want to try it out for yourself make a backup copy using root explorer of bootanimation.zip in /system/media and replace it with the one i attached. reboot and see if you think it looks better, if you don't you can always replace it with the backup of the original you made. The images are formatted 480x800. Check it out and see what yall think.

Reactions: dawnadevin

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
hey beezy, thought i'd throw this up there. The boot animation included in 3.6 is awesome but the images are not exactly formatted for our screens. This attached boot animation is formatted for our screens and IMO looks a little better. If you want to try it out for yourself make a backup copy using root explorer of bootanimation.zip in /system/media and replace it with the one i attached. reboot and see if you think it looks better, if you don't you can always replace it with the backup of the original you made. The images are formatted 480x800. Check it out and see what yall think.

Will try it out right now.

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

Looks pretty much the same, imo. I'll keep it though. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana