[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
This, again, may be a dumb question - but here goes. If I temporarily deactivate this phone, will I have to flash back to GB to reactivate it? I have to use my photon for business reasons for the next 1-2 days. Thanks.

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
This, again, may be a dumb question - but here goes. If I temporarily deactivate this phone, will I have to flash back to GB to reactivate it? I have to use my photon for business reasons for the next 1-2 days. Thanks.

You're removing service from it, not removing a ROM. The phone can't change OS versions on its own.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: kbboykin

thegtfusion

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
hi beezy, i have a question. are u planning to bring this to the nexus s 3G?
i know about drewgarens work, but with all the betas from him wifi doesnt work for me.

lightyear420

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
how do I flash that?

Sent from my Google Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

You have to have a previous ICS nandroid backup

Boot CWM>backup & restore>advanced restore>xx_your backup img_xx>restore system....this won't wipe your data partition :) but it will reformat your system and install only the system partition from that backup....any current text messages, system apps, etc. will be lost!! Basically, you will have a frankenstein rom with an old system partition and your current data partition.

thegtfusion

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Did you try wiping when installing his roms?

yes. full wipe, wiped cache, wiped dalvik cache..
i reported it many times on the xda thread. but no result.. hopefully if beezy releases his version for ns3g it will work for me..(i really hope that he'll do it)

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
yes. full wipe, wiped cache, wiped dalvik cache..
i reported it many times on the xda thread. but no result.. hopefully if beezy releases his version for ns3g it will work for me..(i really hope that he'll do it)

I don't think its part of his game plan but I'm not 100% sure.

cadams14#AC

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for releasing the ICS 3. for Nexus S 4G. Works good for Alpha. However I would use it on a daily driver if the bt was working. Seems to be a kernel issue, however I am not sure. If someone could direct me to a fix for this, if there is one, would appreciate it?

Also noticed some issue with Google Latitude menu key button? Dont have 4G in this area but other than I really like the latest build and its on in Alpha stage. Thanks for your hard work on this build.

anon(5021)

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site

No, you can activate it while running ICS. The same activation steps should apply. I switched from the nexus when I had ICS and then back to it from my EVO....

As long as you don't activate the nexus on another line, you should just have to call back and tell them to switch back (call from a 3rd phone... not the nexus or photon)

since it's already been activated on your account you won't have to reprogram it.

remember: any hash codes they give you for the dialer ##786# for example will need to be changed to the following.... *#*#786#*#* so in case they tell you to punch in ##1234# (example) keep that in mind

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Wat page can I find battings (sorry if misspelled) launcher at? :)

Launcher-replacement-2.zip
That should be the flashable zip I made to flash the launcher.

hi beezy, i have a question. are u planning to bring this to the nexus s 3G?
i know about drewgarens work, but with all the betas from him wifi doesnt work for me.

Yes,I hope to have a update soon for the NS4G at that time I also plan to try and have a tester up for the 3g model;)

Thanks for releasing the ICS 3. for Nexus S 4G. Works good for Alpha. However I would use it on a daily driver if the bt was working. Seems to be a kernel issue, however I am not sure. If someone could direct me to a fix for this, if there is one, would appreciate it?

Also noticed some issue with Google Latitude menu key button? Dont have 4G in this area but other than I really like the latest build and its on in Alpha stage. Thanks for your hard work on this build.

There's no fix as of yet. 4G I'm pretty sure won't ever work till official source.

m3grady2

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I had to reflash this rom again, the force was too strong. I was tired with how laggy the launcher was becoming and the force closes so i went to stock for a couple days and almost went insane. Thanks again beezy for all your hard work.

Reactions: beezy

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Two reasons why I can't change ROMs:

1) the google search widget stuck on the homescreen
2) the widgets, like bookmarks, analog clock, etc.

No other 3rd party widgets or launcher matches them.

EDIT: Forgot the speech to text too, gets entered as you speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa