Simple way to root and put CM7 using Mac?

the727kid

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I tried this a month or two ago and completely failed. I don't know why, might of used the wrong program. Had to end up taking it back to best buy and getting a new phone because I didn't want to mess with it.

Is there anything out there that is pretty much idiot proof to doing this with a mac?

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried this a month or two ago and completely failed. I don't know why, might of used the wrong program. Had to end up taking it back to best buy and getting a new phone because I didn't want to mess with it.

Is there anything out there that is pretty much idiot proof to doing this with a mac?

Ooh I want to know 2!

Sent from my Sexy Nexus 4G

bamhm182

May 19, 2011
Visit site
[NS4G] Stock ROMs | How To Root/Unroot | OTA Files & Images - xda-developers

I used that tutorial. Basically idiot proof. I say basically because there are a few things it doesn't explain.

1. How to install the developer tools.
2. recovery-clockwork-3.1.0.1-crespo4g.img should be wherever you're currently looking, or in a folder in your PATH. For example, I have EVERYTHING in /Developer/SDKs/Android, and ./tools and ./platform-tools are in my PATH, so I was able to put the file in ./platform-tools and run it.

If you're wanting to flash a custom ROM, and not just a rooted stock ROM, you can either substitute the GRJ22 ROM with your ROM of choice, or flash the GRJ22 ROM and use ROM Manager afterward.

If you don't have ANY idea what I'm talking about, this one is pretty idiot-proof too:

[GUIDE] Nexus S 4G Simple Root/Unroot - xda-developers