Photon Battery Life

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I've been testing a beta version of WL where he said he fixed the problem an I can confirm that it's working well. Battery seems to be back to where it was before.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I've been testing a beta version of WL where he said he fixed the problem an I can confirm that it's working well. Battery seems to be back to where it was before.

Awesome!! I miss the lockscreen I had set up. Do they know when an update will release?

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
4743ad35-631e-0d93.jpg

Sent from my MoPho on The Sprint Network

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
What the hell are you using to get such great battery life? If you use Juice Defender, could you provide settings? Also, what other apps do you have running in the background?

Lolz! I don't know what's going on with my Photon! We changed our internet from Cox to FIOS and that's when I started getting double and triple battery life. Maybe the FIOS router signal is better? I dunno. It is using WEP. I have gmail and social networking running in the background, as well as the other general background apps on the phone.

KTT16

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
That's crazy! LOL! Well I immediately called Motorola and Sprint to provide a replacement battery for me..Hahah...enjoy those hours of Photon pleasure!

benjet

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm about 40 days into my MoPho ownership and my battery under normal usage is HORRIBLE! I turned off all widgets and set many common offenders to end after 2 mins of inactivity...Not using Wifi, BT, hotspot or 4g, email checks are manual and done every 1-2 hours - I still have to charge up at least 2x day. The only app I leave running now is the 3g data watchdog (just because I want to get a better feel of my usage).

Any ideas?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm about 40 days into my MoPho ownership and my battery under normal usage is HORRIBLE! I turned off all widgets and set many common offenders to end after 2 mins of inactivity...Not using Wifi, BT, hotspot or 4g, email checks are manual and done every 1-2 hours - I still have to charge up at least 2x day. The only app I leave running now is the 3g data watchdog (just because I want to get a better feel of my usage).

Any ideas?

What does your normal usage consist of?

benjet

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

Any ideas?

Sprint store just informed me the battery is/was defective (after they tested it). They just gave me a new battery (I have TEP, whatever it's called these days) and will "condition" it, per instrucitons tonight. Report back in a week or so.

KTT16

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Sprint store just informed me the battery is/was defective (after they tested it). They just gave me a new battery (I have TEP, whatever it's called these days) and will "condition" it, per instrucitons tonight. Report back in a week or so.

It might help to use Juice Defender once you're all set up. I've noticed a big difference in battery life!

benjet

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
It might help to use Juice Defender once you're all set up. I've noticed a big difference in battery life!

I was toying with that when I was on the defective batt, and will try it again soon.

New battery update (day1):

2.5 hours of calls
took 15 pics
checked email, FB, twitter, each a dozen times or so
updated calendar, etc.

13 hours unplugged - 20% batt remaining...now that's more like it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer