What was all this talk about Sprint decreasing Coverage....

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
One color of no coverage....

Sprint works everywhere I travel that's all I care about...YMMV... Me I love having my phones work were I need them too, while not being Nickel n' Dimed on every friggin feature, hows that 2.99 per line for Visual Voice Mail. Make sure you save room for those data caps.

Last edited:

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Sprint works everywhere I travel that's all I care about...YMMV... Me I love having my phones work were I need them too, while not being Nickel n' Dimed on every friggin feature, hows that 2.99 per line for Visual Voice Mail. Make sure you save room for those data caps.

I'm a big believer in using what works for you. I would still have sprint if they still had coverage where I live and travel. But they don't even have coverage at all where I live now. So it's more a waste of money to spend $200+ on phones that you can't even make a phone call on. Where now I spend more but can actually use my phone. I am in the middle of nowhere and the only option left now that sprint doesn't cover here is Verizon. You don't need to be nasty with comments about how much I pay. I know o pay a lot. I don't have an option though if I want a cell phone. It's either have VZW or don't have one at all.

I do get visual vm for free though ;-)

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm a big believer in using what works for you. I would still have sprint if they still had coverage where I live and travel. But they don't even have coverage at all where I live now. So it's more a waste of money to spend $200+ on phones that you can't even make a phone call on. Where now I spend more but can actually use my phone. I am in the middle of nowhere and the only option left now that sprint doesn't cover here is Verizon. You don't need to be nasty with comments about how much I pay. I know o pay a lot. I don't have an option though if I want a cell phone. It's either have VZW or don't have one at all.

I do get visual vm for free though ;-)

I agree we can sit here and talk about the pros and cons of each carrier but which ever works for you as far as coverage at home and places you go to and prices that you can afford. Every carrier is different.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Who still has single band phones, and who care with Free Roaming included, Sprint can do the same as what Verizon has done for years...Paint the map one color so roaming can't be distinguished from free roaming, it works for Verizon.

AND I don't have to worry about my phone being field stripped of important Google features and slapped with Bing or having my GPS disabled so I am forced to subscribe to VZW's service where Google Maps works just as well, if not better.

Only reason I'd go to Verizon is because they have wider coverage and my school gets a nice discount with them. But I refuse to allow my phone to be Binged. iPhone is a different story. Apple wouldn't allow Verizon to do that to their phone.

ekz13

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The problem with the price argument is that it is fast becoming a moot point. I’m with sprint and my coverage has gone to crap so I’m pricing out new plans with the other carriers. I’m recalling from memory and try to compare apples to apples, but some things don’t marry up correctly, but here’s what I found..
Right now I pay 207 for 4 lines, 2 smart, 2 dumb with the 1500 minutes plan (don’t use anywhere near that so I looked at lower plans that fit me) and an extra 14 for insurance so 205-14 =191 with 15% discount included in that.

Assumptions – 15% taken off base plan only, $15 tax added. I went off minutes used for me ~200 max voice, 2-3 gb data (for me) way less for the rest. Free nights and weekends I beat up ( playing mmo’s, calling family, etc)

Sprint –
$191- 4 lines
1500 min
unl data, text
any mobile, anytime
2 smartphones, 2 dumbphones

---------------------------------------------

Tmo - $153 – 4 lines
1000 min
data 2gb * 3 - 200mb * 1
unl text
3 smart, 1 dumb (data caps and throttles, but no additional cost for overage)

--------------------------------------------

Att - $193 – 4 lines,
700 min,
2gb * 3, unl *1 (after 2 gb automatically add 1gb/$10)
unl text and any mobile anytime min and rollover min.
3 smart, 1 dumb

----------------------------------------------

Verizon - $196 – 4 lines
900 min
Unlim data, unl text
2 smart, 2 dumb

Not exactly apples to apples, however, for my usage and other things, I’m the heavy data user, kids heavy text, wife just enjoys her phone (whatever it is) so, with that said, my numbers aren’t exact, and are from memory so they are close if not what I was quoted.

As you can see though, sprint had the edge on pricing and even though the signal wasn’t the best, paying less I could live with it (never seen a 4g connection and I commute to DC) but now that the signal is getting worse AND the prices are almost even (within 20) I can’t see it anymore.

I was ok with roaming if I got a decent 3g because of what I was paying, but I’m not even getting that anymore with this new PRL (01115), I called the techs a bunch of times now and get the same story.. ”they’re working on a tower in your area” I always explain that you can’t be working on them all the way down to dc can you now but they can’t answer that. What’s next… you’ve got sun spots!

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I sent my brother in law to Verizon for the coverage but I'm with Sprint for the price. I can get away with it because I know where I'll be at any given time, but he does not know where his job will take him. There are still places he doesn't have coverage, but at least he knows no one else would have it there either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress