Touch screen issues

suryaxyz

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody, first post here

My Atrix 2 has developed touch screen issues recently. Not sure if this is because of the recent ICS upgrade from AT&T, or genuine hardware issues. When the screen is unlocked, icons / buttons automatically get clicked randomly. Not able to scroll left / right very well (works randomly). I restored the phone to factory settings once and everything seemed to work for 2 hours. Afterwards the problems came back again. Appreciate any feedback on this post, i.e. whether anybody else has seen this issue and can suggest a solution

Thanks

Andy_Frost

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I wish I had an answer. My Atrix 2 has been a doing the same thing ever since the ICS update. At first it was a random occurrence but it has become increasingly annoying & we aren't alone, Xoom users & first gen Atrix people have reported the same problem. But I haven't found a solution yet that doesn't require sending it in, rooting it, or default restoring it :( I've read cleaning it up may help but mine isn't dirty. Just writing this out has been a ! It's tried to leave the page 3 times & it keeps putting random letters I'm not touching in.. also it randomly selects a different line for me to type on. I might just get another phone. But if you find a solution let me know. Twitter @andy_frost

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry you're having trouble, mine is working fine. The only trouble I had after the update was when I started using the "Smart Actions" app that loaded with ICS. My phone started doing weird stuff, I disabled the app and my phone has been working fine since. If you're using it try disabling it and see what happens. Wish I could be more help. Good Luck!