Gingerbread for the Atrix 4G coming between June and July.

Virus39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Seems like logical timing for Gingerbread to hit the Atrix.... They have updated the Droid X and I believe the other droids too.... Atrix is the newest, so it will be last.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Im not that excited like everyone else.The update will break root and fix the exploits used for the webtop,wifi,and HDMI hacks.Don't quote me but I got a good feeling it will and also have read about it elsewhere on XDA.
I'm one of the few who are going to wait until root,and all the hacks and ROMs are available on Ginberbread
I love the fact we are getting this awsome update but being locked down again doesn't seem fair and not having root sucks surely in a few weeks after the update everything will be hacked again and then it'll be fun.

Reactions: ross.lafferty

Incognitum

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend's inspire got amazon's app store weeks ago, was wondering what the hold up was with my atrix, but it makes perfect sense to hold off on a separate update if GB is really that close.

stonefeet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
i have zero inside information at all but i have a feeling moto will be assembling a new soak group for the atrix very soon.

ross.lafferty

May 12, 2011
Visit site
i have zero inside information at all but i have a feeling moto will be assembling a new soak group for the atrix very soon.

Let's hope you are correct. Either way, I think Atrix will fall in the middle of the pack for the big phones to get GB. Look at the X2, moto is releasing that on FROYO when the X already got GB. No sense.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'll update as soon as i get the notification. I dont care about custom ROMs and hacks, my phone is currently rooted and with webtop hack. And I'm not using any of these "goodies" I'd really prefer to have a stock HDMI mirroring on the phone, but if its not happening I'm OK with that too. From what I heard sideloading will be enabled in GB update so thats good, if not i can always used SWM or something like that. It is not so crucial for me to have my phone rooted hacked and whatnot. GB will bring some serious changes such as multicore support copy/paste and gtalk facetime calling and other stuff which is more important for me than rooting and hacking... thats just my 2?....

ross.lafferty

May 12, 2011
Visit site
GB will bring some serious changes such as multicore support copy/paste and gtalk facetime calling and other stuff which is more important for me than rooting and hacking... thats just my 2?....

Haven't they said full dual core optimization would come until IceCream? I am sure GB will start to utilize it, and it will make a huge difference. But ultimately the Atrix should become a mega-beast with full dual core optimization (hopefully in IC).

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Haven't they said full dual core optimization would come until IceCream? I am sure GB will start to utilize it, and it will make a huge difference. But ultimately the Atrix should become a mega-beast with full dual core optimization (hopefully in IC).

Yes that's true. But by the time IC will be released I'm gonna get a new phone with said OS. Atrix will be obsolete when Kal-El processors will be implemented in phones... not to mention LTE radio and other stuff lol

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I was kinda hoping for the newer "3D" MOTOBLUR , like the one in the Droid 3 & the New Droid Bionic
But the Droid X version looks promising too

Its all good as long as it gets GingerBread

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes btw im also curious to see a revised motoblur on the Atrix. It looks interesting. I hated those green and blue buttons with a cirlcle in the middle and screen margins...

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
well hopefully the devs at xda decide to take that update and hack the hell out of it and give us something even better than the update itself lol I can wait.....

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site
In the video, I thought I saw a netflix app on the phone. Did you guys see that also? I hope that it comes in the GB update.

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Just some clarification. I'm not referring to the 1 minute clip linked above. I'm talking about the other clip that is about 5 minutes.