2.2 android for captivate?

valueman

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi all I updated to the Cognition 2.3b8 ROM and I must say it is fantastic. My phone is faster smoother and just better in general.

Same here.

I was very hesitant, but after spending a LOT of time researching it, I could see no real downside. Now I wish I had done it a long time ago. The performance upgrade is so significant (at least it is on my device) that it is like having a new phone.

My phone had gotten like an old laptop - the more I used it the more lag and lockups I got. Now it flies.

Kalifornia

Dude
Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
It is not just the 2.2 release... you all realize that the same bloat on your phone now will be there with the official 2.2 from ATT right? Not rooting to save your warranty I understand. Not rooting because you think the 2.2 you get from ATT will satisfy you... not so much.

I only quoted part of this but the full post is what did it for me. I was finally convinced to pull the trigger and root/upgrade to 2.2 after reading this post. Glad I did. I was a bit nervous but it was easier than I thought and the benefits are worth it. No bloatware, tethering, greater flexibility and less lag.

bdpyo

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my brand new Captivate to the leaked froyo. I enjoyed it, phone broke, so I got a new one on behalf of at&t. :)

I'm gonna wait to see what happens with the "update", in the mean time, I have a Aria that I just rooted to keep me happy. :)

carbon

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I rooted mine over New Year's weekend and flashed to Cog2.3b8 mid last week... still AT&T bloatware but loving the rest so far... :D

oldbaldy

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
It's 2011 and it's time for the Froyo update already.
I'm waiting>>>>>>>>>
I think it will come soon with all the hoopla with Verizon taking on the iPhone!
AT&T needs to get with it before we all change over to Verizon...
I'm sure some will!!!

Last edited:

gcobb#AC

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I am hesitant to put a hack/beta copy of an OS on my phone. I want new features like everyone else but by March 1 if I don't have it, I'll consider jumping on the bandwagon more.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am hesitant to put a hack/beta copy of an OS on my phone. I want new features like everyone else but by March 1 if I don't have it, I'll consider jumping on the bandwagon more.

Good plan if you are uncomfortable doing it, its best not to , good for you :)

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I have frojo, but I have the unlocked version of the Galaxy S in 850/1900/2100 MHz, so I also get at&t's 3G signal and with frojo 2.2 I have the ability to move email messages to imap folders too.

Sent from my GT-I9000M

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Interesting chart about Froyo availabilty

From Computerworld.com:

AndroidUpgradesAllData.jpg

Entire Article "Android upgrades: Which carriers can you trust?"

This says alot about us ATT customers:
AndroidUpgradesCarriers.jpg

Last edited:

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
my son got froyo update

My son just got froyo updated he is all excited and asks well has ATT pushed yours yet. He is on Verizon and walks away laughing.
ATT WTF U WAITING FOR

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
My son just got froyo updated he is all excited and asks well has ATT pushed yours yet. He is on Verizon and walks away laughing.
ATT WTF U WAITING FOR

What phone does he have on Verizon.

I don't get why you posted this since there is not a Captivate on Verizon and plenty of non Samsung phones have gotten Froyo for months.

Does he have a Fascinate?

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
He has an incredible I have a Captivate and wondered why we are still waiting. Wasn't there something about an update from ATT suppose ti be pushed about a month or two Ago?
I am rooted through oclf

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
He has an incredible I have a Captivate and wondered why we are still waiting. Wasn't there something about an update from ATT suppose ti be pushed about a month or two Ago?
I am rooted through oclf

you should through cognition on your phone , then laugh at him cause not only will you have froyo but your phone will be faster than his

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm finally going to do that I was waiting till the end of the month but might has well take the plunge. Do I have to remove oclf and then use Cognition?