screens show no apps

rouxster

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
i am running cognition on my captivate.

at random times, none of my apps or widgets will show up on any screen. sometimes it is after ending a game or closing an app. sometimes it does it after i unlock the phone from "sleep" mode, and after using task manager to close locked up apps. the apps will remain invisible for various amounts of time, and sometimes even after i reboot the phone.

any ideas on what could be causing it?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
For starters, I would stop using the Task Manager to kill apps. Not only is it not necessary, it can lead to exactly the symptoms you describe.

Disable any task killers, stop killing any tasks, and see how it behaves.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
For starters, I would stop using the Task Manager to kill apps. Not only is it not necessary, it can lead to exactly the symptoms you describe.

Disable any task killers, stop killing any tasks, and see how it behaves.

Task killers, yes. If apps are locking up, however, using the task manager is perfectly ok (although you should try to figure out why they lock up).

i am running cognition on my captivate.

at random times, none of my apps or widgets will show up on any screen. sometimes it is after ending a game or closing an app. sometimes it does it after i unlock the phone from "sleep" mode, and after using task manager to close locked up apps. the apps will remain invisible for various amounts of time, and sometimes even after i reboot the phone.

any ideas on what could be causing it?

Are you using something other than Touchwhiz as your launcher (i.e. launcher pro, ADW)?

AoN

If you are, the launcher may be restarting, during which your icons won't show up right away. This usually happens after the phone gets too busy (like when you have an app lock up).

@AoN-sorry for jumping in there lol.

rouxster

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
i'm only using the task manager when the app locks up.

i am using launcher pro.

but again, it sometimes does it even if i haven't used the task manager.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87