To Root or not To Root?

Is your phone rooted?

• Total voters

RobE2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
About to get a Note 2.
First Android phone, so I don't what to expect, especially in terms of whatever AT&T might add to the phone in terms of unwanted software or restrictions. I'm wondering whether most people are happy with it as is, or if people tend to root. And I'm wondering if there is a benefit to rooting if you're not going to install a different ROM, and if so, what?

I expect that people who frequent this forum are more likely to root than the average user, but I'm wondering how the numbers work out.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Rooted and loving it. Ive had my phone since early novenber and have been rooted since about a week over that. Ive also tried a few roms eventually settling on the cleanrom series. I done one or 2 mods as well.

You can be rooted and just install mods or you can be rooted and install the roms that already include the mods you want. I most rommed just to get rid of certain uninstallable system apps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My original Note 2 I rooted and ran CleanROM SE. I really liked it, especially on my battery life. But where there are pros, there are also cons. It was a pain in the rear (to put it mildly) getting it wiped when I needed to turn it in for a warranty replacement. I also bricked it while playing around with System Tuner Pro and that was soooo much fun to get back up and running (sarcastic). I haven't rooted my replacement yet, I'm waiting to see if it has the same problem that my original had (the bezel coming loose). I'd rather be rooted, but like I said, it was such a headache getting it back to where it would be accepted for a warranty claim.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I had every intention of rooting and romming but it just sort of worked out that I never had to. I disabled the carrier bloatware and didn't want anything else enough to bother with it.

Samsung did a lot of things right with this phone. :)

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm the pain of unrooting. Ive only purposefully unrooted once and that was cuz the very first rom I installed sucked and I thought it would be better to be stock than go rommed. Now I know better and I stick with the tried and true cleanrom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87