Galaxy S II LTE or Galaxy Nexus LTE in Houston, TX...Nov. 6

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I can say... have patience grasshopper!

The next load will be liked!

Can you give us a rough estimate on how long we will be waiting? I don't want to switch to Verizon for Galaxy Nexus or HTC Rezound if AT&T will be launching similar devices in the next few weeks...

Thanks,

Y2J

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Sooooo.... is California also an LTE market then? They don't have the phone here in the att stores.

This makes perfect sense if its true. I work with a retailer that sells cellphones in california and the only galaxy 2 we got was for T-Mobile. I went to an AT&T store and they don't even have em on display.

We haven't gotten anything regarding a gs2 on AT&T. Might be because of this.

While California isn't lte yet it should be live in major cities soon which would make sense to not have the sg2 in stores.
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I am willing to wager that on November 25th, at&t will launch an lte capable phone. Will it be the SGSII with lte, I do not know, but if you currently live in an lte area, and you have a SGSII, you might want to consider your 30 day option very carefully. Lte is scheduled to be in 15 cites by year end. Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Atlanta and Chicago have it now. If you are not interested in lte then you are fine, if you are you owe it to yourself to look into this closer before your 30 days is is with you SGSII.

Just my .02 cents

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
What's this 30 day policy all about?
Does that mean if I buy an HTC November 1st and hate it, that I can return it within 30 days without any obligation? Or are there restocking fees?

Rogers started shipping out its LTE SGII phones today. I haven't seen any pop up on eBay yet though.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
What's this 30 day policy all about?
Does that mean if I buy an HTC November 1st and hate it, that I can return it within 30 days without any obligation? Or are there restocking fees?

Rogers started shipping out its LTE SGII phones today. I haven't seen any pop up on eBay yet though.

Correct. 30 days from purchase for AT&T and Best Buy. Best Buy has no restock fee but I believe AT&T has one for $35?

Reactions: CZ Eddie

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Correct. 30 days from purchase for AT&T and Best Buy. Best Buy has no restock fee but I believe AT&T has one for $35?

When I asked Bestbuy about their return policy they did say no restocking fee right now, but they expect the returned phone to be in Like new condition or they would not exchange it for a new phone. They try hard to discourage phone exchanges since they send them back. Bestbuy stores seem to be as good as their local manager. If you get a store run by a tough manager it might be harder to do an exchange.

I decided to wait a few weeks and see what comes out. I like the GS2, but while new to AT&T, my friend from Germany has had his since Spring. I will wait and see what new comes along.

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I talked to my local AT&T sales rep (who is a pretty smart guy) today. Asked him the usual questions.
Says he hasn't heard anything directly from AT&T. But his "personal opinion" is we'll "probably" see an LTE Samsung on Black Friday. And we will not see an LTE Nexus Prime. I didn't ask about an HSPDA+ model though.
And he thinks the reason the Galaxy S II and Atrix II hasn't been stocked in LTE area stores are for the same reasons eluded to in this thread. Because LTE phones are on the way.

GravityDroid

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I talked to my local AT&T sales rep (who is a pretty smart guy) today. Asked him the usual questions.
Says he hasn't heard anything directly from AT&T. But his "personal opinion" is we'll "probably" see an LTE Samsung on Black Friday. And we will not see an LTE Nexus Prime. I didn't ask about an HSPDA+ model though.
And he thinks the reason the Galaxy S II and Atrix II hasn't been stocked in LTE area stores are for the same reasons eluded to in this thread. Because LTE phones are on the way.

This sounds great, hope its true!

As a current to-go phone user who's been research what android to pounce on as my first smartphone for around a month, my plan is to wait until the 25th. If there's nothing heard about an LTE GS2 by that time, nor any word of an ATT Galaxy Nexus, then I'll just get the GS2.

wildting

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
it's confirmed. November 4th the SGS II LTE will be available on ATT network. I confirmed this with MULTIPLE stores in the SF Bay Area. Parrot Cellular is a well known Authorized Retailer and is really in the know. Call them yourself if you don't believe me. They will confirm this over the phone if you simply inquire about buying the SGS II.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38