Best Buy price match info/help

j510

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I just purchased my SGS2 at BestBuy few days ago and I price matched Walmart on initial purchase. I heard about the $99 deal from target and so i called to see if it would be ok to price match them again and get back the $50 with my receipt. Unfortunately the sales rep. said I won't be able to, she referred it to "double dipping". Is this really in their policy that you can't do it more than once within the return/exchange window? I mean I did buy it only 3 days ago. Any suggestions/help appreciated. Thanks

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I just purchased my SGS2 at BestBuy few days ago and I price matched Walmart on initial purchase. I heard about the $99 deal from target and so i called to see if it would be ok to price match them again and get back the $50 with my receipt. Unfortunately the sales rep. said I won't be able to, she referred it to "double dipping". Is this really in their policy that you can't do it more than once within the return/exchange window? I mean I did buy it only 3 days ago. Any suggestions/help appreciated. Thanks

Go talk to a manager. At the end of the day you can return it and go to target. Pretty sure they will want to keep your business.

Sent from my SGS II

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Yea if the price match window is still open then I don't see why not. As stated talk to a manager and ask. If he says no have him point you to the returns area. I don't shop best buy anymore because of his they let the stores make up rules and when you call corporate they say the store can do what they want. Good luck but if they say no just return it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Blackjack55345

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
They should allow you to price match. You can price match as many times as you like as long as you are within the allowed time frame (30 days for Best Buy). I just looked this up the other day and found the answer on their forums. You should be golden, then again, we are talking about Best Buy here...

j510

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
They should allow you to price match. You can price match as many times as you like as long as you are within the allowed time frame (30 days for Best Buy). I just looked this up the other day and found the answer on their forums. You should be golden, then again, we are talking about Best Buy here...

Can you provide a link please? Thinking about maybe printing it out if they try to pull another fast one on me. And has anyone here price matched more than once successfully? thanks

liquiddawn

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Can you provide a link please? Thinking about maybe printing it out if they try to pull another fast one on me. And has anyone here price matched more than once successfully? thanks

I haven't done it twice yet but I'm about to. I'll be going back in to Best Buy to try and get back another $50. If they don't like it then I'll say ok, let me speak to the manager please. I'll let him know that I can easily return the device and just get it somewhere else.

Also, as an update Best Buy is now giving out a $100 gift card with the purchase of an S2. I'm going to try and get that gift card. They should have no issues giving it to me seeing as I can return the phone in-store and then just buy it again and get the gift card.

Blackjack55345

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
BBY - Price Matching Limits? - Best Buy: Unboxed There is the link for you. The topic is from last year, but should still be relevant.

Also it isn't a giftcard, it's a rewardzone offer. You'll get 5000 points if you buy it online through their rewardzone site which is equivalent to a $100 gift certificate. That one would be a doozy to try and price match in store. Not impossible, but very difficult.

liquiddawn

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
BBY - Price Matching Limits? - Best Buy: Unboxed There is the link for you. The topic is from last year, but should still be relevant.

Also it isn't a giftcard, it's a rewardzone offer. You'll get 5000 points if you buy it online through their rewardzone site which is equivalent to a $100 gift certificate. That one would be a doozy to try and price match in store. Not impossible, but very difficult.

Thanks for the clarification! Would have walked in the store looking like an idiot. Well, I'm definitely going in there and getting back another $50 from them though.

j510

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't done it twice yet but I'm about to. I'll be going back in to Best Buy to try and get back another $50. If they don't like it then I'll say ok, let me speak to the manager please. I'll let him know that I can easily return the device and just get it somewhere else.

Also, as an update Best Buy is now giving out a $100 gift card with the purchase of an S2. I'm going to try and get that gift card. They should have no issues giving it to me seeing as I can return the phone in-store and then just buy it again and get the gift card.

Yea im about to do a quick return/repurchase if they trip off me doing a second price match.

litesout

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
The reward zone certificates are only if you buy through the online rewardzone mobile store. It says as much in the fine print. We tried in the store to but it online and do an in store pickup, but it was giving me a hassle with the unlimited data plan. It was requiring me to add a tiered plan to complete the purchase. Not worth the risk and hassle of losing unlimited data so I just got it in store.

j510

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Just price matched Yesterday I guess im gonna price match sometime soon again for that Radio Shack $50. By the rate of how fast the price is lowering I think before my 30 days are up I might actually get this phone for free.

Blackjack55345

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Just price matched Yesterday I guess im gonna price match sometime soon again for that Radio Shack $50. By the rate of how fast the price is lowering I think before my 30 days are up I might actually get this phone for free.

Just so you know, Best Buy doesn't price match on Black Friday. They don't price match items from Thanksgiving Day through that Saturday.

19mugsy

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I did price match....twice. Bought my phone from AT&T over the phone for $199.00. Used this forum and found AT&T had it now for $149.99. Called AT&T and they price matched to $149.99. Then, two days later found, on this thread, Best Buy and Target had it for $99.00. Called AT&T twice...first time no luck...second time, price match to $99.00. Gotta admit, $99.00 for this incredible phone is a steel. Thank you AT&T and this forum!!!

Edge1978

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
My question is how can I get anyone price match Target when there is no listing of the price online? I can't seem to locate it on the website. :-\

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana