Problems with rooted samsung galaxy S2?

tuhmaytow

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
So I had my samsung galaxy s2 (at&t version) rooted and I installed cyanogenmod. At first everyting was ok, but then i decided to switch to miui rom then weird things started to happen with my phone.

1.) everytime i make a call it goes through, but I dont hear the person on the other line and vice versa.
2.) same thing with my voicemail. i dont hear anything.
3.) my back and search button wont work.

Since i couldnt seem to find out whats wrong, I'm thinking of unrooting my phone. So, any help would be really appreciated. Thank You!

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Rooting is not the problem.

First off, you need to use more stable ROMs. CM and MIUI are ported over from the international i9100 and therefore are not going to work as well for you device as a ROM made from an i777 base.

Also, when switching from CM to MIUI (and whenever switching from ROM to ROM) you should factory reset and wipe all data via Clockwork Recovery before installing the new ROM.

I recommend trying Binnacle or UnNamed ROMs for stability and smoothness.

tuhmaytow

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I actually unrooted my phone in hopes of getting it back to normal, but it didn't work. Now I'm stuck with an unrooted phone that couldn't receive/make a phone call. What can I do?

Jonna09

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I hope that you have made a backup of the original stock Samsung ROM. Always the first step before you begin your decent into the other ROMs.

In case you have, you can then either restore that ROM and stick with it or try installing another. But yes, first step, go back to stock.

tuhmaytow

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for asking too many questions, but im new to this. So what you mean by stock ROM is the unrooted version, right? Because my phone is already unrooted and so, what do i have to do?

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
All of your questions can be answered by reading the links provided. If you continue not to read.. you will continue to have problems.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non