Iphone user wanting to love galaxy s3

droidjoe26

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Guys i have been a longtime iphone user from the 3gs to the 4s i like the iphone but Apples's iOS to me the last few years has gotten very stale but there are certain things im so use to on my iphone that i can't go without and are very important to me most likely if i get an android phone it will be the Galaxy s3 on at&t in January but right now i'm just doing some research my friend let me play with his s3 for a few days and i love it but i dont want to have buyers remorse and just return the phone after a few days since im missing my iphone(which has happened a few times to me) i'm just hoping you guys can help me stay with android and not miss my iphone.

1-I am always looking at my phone at work and i love the iOS when i get a text message it tells me who sent it and gives a preview of what the message said or if its a pic shows you the pic when you hit the awake button on the iphone all the s3 does on it's lock screen is i can see how many texts i received does anyone know of any program that would show me the preview of the text on the lock screen?

2-Folders even though iOS is stupid for having a limit of apps in a folder i still like how good the iOS folders look they look more polished and just better looking does android have something of better quality looking folders then the standard ones on the s3

guys thanks for all your help i really do appreciate it.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
You have a period of buyer's remorse where you can return it. Try it for yourself. I just got a GS3 for my son who had an i4. Better multi-tasking. Increased storage with micro sd cards. Removable battery. Custom app launchers and keyboards. Smart Stay. NFC. DLNA. Burst Shot. Video popout. LED notifications. Palm swipe to capture screen shot. Palm cover to mute phone. Call number on text message. Turn phone over to mute phone. Apps launched from lock screen. All share. Must I go on why you would be better off with the GS3?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I made the transition from the BB 9810 to the GS3 last summer. There are review videos on Mobile Tech Review, Android Authority, Phone Arena and Phone. Dog as well as Techno Buffalo are helpful.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Go SMS Pro is a text messaging program that allows a few settings for notifications. You can customize a little Window that wakes up your screen on a text. I love it, and it's easy to set up.

As far as different look to folders, you can always look into launchers which will change the look of your home screen. Folders included.

It's pretty in depth sometimes, but that's the cool thing about Android. You can change EVERYTHING in one way or another. It just takes some time and research like you're doing.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
Guys i have been a longtime iphone user from the 3gs to the 4s i like the iphone but Apples's iOS to me the last few years has gotten very stale but there are certain things im so use to on my iphone that i can't go without and are very important to me most likely if i get an android phone it will be the Galaxy s3 on at&t in January but right now i'm just doing some research my friend let me play with his s3 for a few days and i love it but i dont want to have buyers remorse and just return the phone after a few days since im missing my iphone(which has happened a few times to me) i'm just hoping you guys can help me stay with android and not miss my iphone.

1-I am always looking at my phone at work and i love the iOS when i get a text message it tells me who sent it and gives a preview of what the message said or if its a pic shows you the pic when you hit the awake button on the iphone all the s3 does on it's lock screen is i can see how many texts i received does anyone know of any program that would show me the preview of the text on the lock screen?

2-Folders even though iOS is stupid for having a limit of apps in a folder i still like how good the iOS folders look they look more polished and just better looking does android have something of better quality looking folders then the standard ones on the s3

guys thanks for all your help i really do appreciate it.

Is this a serious post? You registered here in April and you ask questions like this? I apologise if this is a serious post, but it just appears at first glance kinda trollish.

Both of your issues are easily addressed. In fact, with your notification requirement, you won't even need to touch your phone to see you have a text or email or twitter message, etc. LED notifications are a great thing. Add to that the ability to have the phone auto-turn on for a few seconds to show you all the info, or hell if you love iphone notifications, add the app that allows this. you can also change your lockscreen to do numerous things,including show you all your notification info.

Folders is something you can change to look like anything you want. Make it look exactly like iOS folders if you want. It is a customization option available in almost every launcher.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone 4 to an S3, and I couldn't be happier. Even as an owner of an iPad, Mac, and Apple TV breaking the iCloud connection has been no issue. Bigger screen, better internals, and more customization make the iPhone a boring device, and the S3 the real winner here.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
With what everyone else said. It's just a matter of taking the time to learn it. More learning curve but 100% customizable, iPhone 0 learning curve and really 0% customizable. I use GO Notifications with GO Launcher and couldn't be happier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums