Galaxy S3 will not power-up, gets warm when charger is plugged in

rogus44

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My Galaxy S3 was working great. The other night I plugged it into the charger, everything was fine. In the morning it was completely dead, but very warm at the base. I have tried different chargers & batteries - no luck. I have tried doing a hard reset to no avail. When I plug a charger in, the bottom of the phone gets warm (not the battery). I am guessing that something blew on the motherboard - has anyone else seen behavior like this?

Thanks

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I have tried doing a hard reset to no avail.
How can you do a hard reset (whatever that is - do you mean a Factory Reset?) if the phone doesn't boot?

Or do you mean that it's actually turning on but gets hung up somewhere in the boot process?

If the phone is completely off and you connect the charger do you see the static battery graphic followed by a charging graphic showing the current battery level and charging activity?
And does the phone get warm just doing this? If so, there's likely something wrong with the phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress