How to update the software on an unlocked At&T HTC One?

JockA Allen

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

A few months ago I purchased an unlocked AT&T HTC One from the US (solely due to the ridiculous price discrepancies - hindsight would've advised me else wise). Since then, multiple software updates have been made available to users of the HTC One - all except mine.

From what I understand elsewhere on the forums, I am not getting the software updates because I am using an AT&T model, in Australia (on the Vodafone network). As a result, I am still running on Android 4.3 & Sense 5.0.

I have run the AT&T software update and unsurprisingly "no update is available for your device at this time".

Is there a way I can get around this?

Your help is much appreciated. X

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
You can go to HTC's website under support and manually download the update. The only problem with doing the update that way is that it will reset your phone and you'll lose everything on it. So make sure you have everything backed up before doing the update this way.

Nizar Mustafa

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Im having the same problem with my HTC ONE and ive been told by htc company that ill be able to download it manually from the htc website after 2-3 weeks or so
Hi guys,

A few months ago I purchased an unlocked AT&T HTC One from the US (solely due to the ridiculous price discrepancies - hindsight would've advised me else wise). Since then, multiple software updates have been made available to users of the HTC One - all except mine.

From what I understand elsewhere on the forums, I am not getting the software updates because I am using an AT&T model, in Australia (on the Vodafone network). As a result, I am still running on Android 4.3 & Sense 5.0.

I have run the AT&T software update and unsurprisingly "no update is available for your device at this time".

Is there a way I can get around this?

Your help is much appreciated. X

vijay1982

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I bought htc one m7 in US. It was at&t carrier and I have unlocked buying unlock code from at &t. I am using it now in India. I unable to update the android. It is still in older version (4.3) of android. Can anyone tell me the procedure to update original android od latest version. Also can anyone suggest me the way to remove at&t apps.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
vjay, you'll have to root your phone to both of the things you asked about. Check out the XDA Developers website for help with this.