Just got the update.

Jugzwei

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Checked my HTC Wifi update and it showed an update available. DL and installing now. Thought I would let everyone know.

oldescript

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
It pushed across wifi quickly and installed surprisingly fast...phone came back up configured exactly as before...no restore necessary...very smooth experience!

billtyler

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine took about 25 minutes from start to completion; perhaps my network connection wasn't as fast as some others. It did seem to go smoothly.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

lnx1138

May 24, 2011
Visit site
It pushed across wifi quickly and installed surprisingly fast...phone came back up configured exactly as before...no restore necessary...very smooth experience!

Agreed! I went through all of my apps after the update and I only had to login to the Amazon apps (Kindle, Appstore, Cloud Player) though everything seemed fine. At first after it started, it seemed like it was still updating something so it seems slightly sluggish but after that was done it is nice and crisp response once again. Pretty happy it went so smoothly!

Oh yeah, forgot to add that the Unknown Sources in Setting->Applications was not checked (it had been before the update) so all I had to do was check it.

billtyler

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hmm....unfortunately my Swype doesn't seem to be working. I think I saw a pop-up message re Swype when I started to type my earlier post...but I accidentally clicked it off without reading it.

And, like INX38, I also had to re-check Unknown Sources.

Sent from my Desire HD (actually Inspire 4G) using Tapatalk

jon222010

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmm....unfortunately my Swype doesn't seem to be working. I think I saw a pop-up message re Swype when I started to type my earlier post...but I accidentally clicked it off without reading it.

Go into your Swype Installer in Apps and do "generate license". Follow the instructions. Choose the plain keyboard, deactivate swype, get new license, reactivate swype... should work fine.

Reactions: billtyler

deeteroderdas

May 19, 2011
Visit site

I replaced my Inspire 4G last week (insurance replace) and the new phone didn't have the "Install from unknown sources" option, which I expected. Does the update restore that capability, or do I need to sit on hold endlessly call AT&T support and have it pushed again?

sooner4life

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know any other tricks to get this to push down to the device. I have clicked "HTC Wifi Software Update" a dozen time and rebooted... Still no update. I'm in Dallas, TX if that matters. Thanks.

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I replaced my Inspire 4G last week (insurance replace) and the new phone didn't have the "Install from unknown sources" option, which I expected. Does the update restore that capability, or do I need to sit on hold endlessly call AT&T support and have it pushed again?

The update includes the unknown sources option.

Does anyone know any other tricks to get this to push down to the device. I have clicked "HTC Wifi Software Update" a dozen time and rebooted... Still no update. I'm in Dallas, TX if that matters. Thanks.

The update supposedly is released batches, so not everyone can get access at once. You can download the update from HTC's page if you want it now (it will delete your data during the update).

sooner4life

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
The update includes the unknown sources option.

The update supposedly is released batches, so not everyone can get access at once. You can download the update from HTC's page if you want it now (it will delete your data during the update).
Thanks for the reply... That makes sense from a server load perspective.

I'm a noob to this FRMORRISON so I have another question...

Will manual not just reload the data just like the OTA version if I do it via HTC Sync?