Oh yeah!!!!!! Official!!!!!!!!! Feb 13!!!!!

redbimmer

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So excited!!!!! I've never been so excited for a phone to come out in my entire life! It's about time AT&T says something about the release!

AZAndroid

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I feel like theres a handful of us waiting to wake up and read this. I am so freaking pumped!

I know Loiselle is and AndreaC

Cant even wait, im picking one up first day its out

AndreaCristiano#AC

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I feel like theres a handful of us waiting to wake up and read this. I am so freaking pumped!

I know Loiselle is and AndreaC

Cant even wait, im picking one up first day its out

yea man im all over this puppy Feb 13th at 10 am!!! Going to best buy today to tell them to hold one for me

CutRiteFX

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
YES... One question though. Since the 4G service may not be in our area will it drop to 3G? or E when not on att 4G Network.

mbranscum

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
YES... One question though. Since the 4G service may not be in our area will it drop to 3G? or E when not on att 4G Network.

Absolutely. And if there's no 3G it will drop to Edge...and if there's no Edge it will drop to...well, you get the point! ;)

CutRiteFX

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
That's great news. I am in a 3G area and this will work out great. I just didn't want the phone dropping right to Edge if there is no 4G/LTE. I AM so psyched about the launch of this phone.

Gra7on

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
@CutRiteFX

The Inspire has HSPA+, not LTE. I believe most of AT&T's towers have been upgraded to HSPA+ already, but they keep talking about "expanded backhaul" before they stop throttling. Not sure how it will all play out, but you can bet you'll have better HSPA+ coverage than LTE will... for a long time.

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Sweetness. I got a $70 gift card to best buy. I would only have to pay the $30 and will probably get a case for it. AWESOME.

CutRiteFX

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
@mc511
Speaking of cases. Not really interested in purchasing a $30+ case from AT&T as they are so expensive. Does anyone know if this is the same phone as the desire HD? This way I could order a case in advance.

mattbe213

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
@mc511
Speaking of cases. Not really interested in purchasing a $30+ case from AT&T as they are so expensive. Does anyone know if this is the same phone as the desire HD? This way I could order a case in advance.

I'm going with the accessories package from at&t. It will cost maybe $50 more, but its worth it knowing that there will be a case, car charger, most likely a Bluetooth headset, and a screen protector, if that isn't part of the case. This works because I've got the money and I'm going to the at&t store to buy it.

Matt

mattbe213

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
@CutRiteFX

The Inspire has HSPA+, not LTE. I believe most of AT&T's towers have been upgraded to HSPA+ already, but they keep talking about "expanded backhaul" before they stop throttling. Not sure how it will all play out, but you can bet you'll have better HSPA+ coverage than LTE will... for a long time.

I think that at&t is starting with HSPA+ and moving into LTE during the next few years.

Matt

chief113

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Some people are saying that the battery is kind of weak, and that you can't buy an extended battery for this puppy. I can't seem to find any proof of that though. Does anyone know if you CAN buy an extended battery for the Inspire?

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Let me ask you this... The people saying that the battery is weak... how long have they been using this phone? They could make assumptions based of of phones that have been out for a while, but don't have the same processor on board. The inspire's will use less power than the Incredible's, for example, saving battery. And I am willing to bet if you keep an eye on This Page and select the Inspire 4g as your device, you will see extended batteries popping up shortly after it is released. You will notice that the accesories it lists are the same as the Desire HD's. That's a clue...

chief113

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Let me ask you this... The people saying that the battery is weak... how long have they been using this phone? They could make assumptions based of of phones that have been out for a while, but don't have the same processor on board. The inspire's will use less power than the Incredible's, for example, saving battery. And I am willing to bet if you keep an eye on This Page and select the Inspire 4g as your device, you will see extended batteries popping up shortly after it is released. You will notice that the accesories it lists are the same as the Desire HD's. That's a clue...

Cool, that's what I wanted to hear. Thanks a lot.