Does anyone's network say HSPA+ yet?

Gra7on

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you go to Settings -> About Phone -> Network you can see whether you are on UMTS, HSDPA (or HSPA+?).

I have heard that the network is not even live yet, but I'm wondering if there are any anomalies out there.

I see HSDPA.

Shad0w26

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine says H+ on the notification bar, but under About Phone it says HSDPA. Also I just went on to ATT.com to check if I had the 4G Unlimited Data plan and look what I found..

2eqci06.png

They messed up my data packages. Back on the phone..

markbaron

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine says H+ on the notification bar, but under About Phone it says HSDPA. Also I just went on to ATT.com to check if I had the 4G Unlimited Data plan and look what I found..

2eqci06.png

They messed up my data packages. Back on the phone..
They changed my plan too. He had a memo that stated that if you didn't choose an HSPA+ compatible plan you wouldn't have any data connectivity.

Gra7on

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
@Shad0w

Sorry to see that. This is what mine shows now:

3451wmd.jpg

And to everyone saying they see a H+, I'm pretty sure all of the Inspires say that even if you are on HSDPA. You need to go into the settings to check.

NativeTxn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
They changed my plan too. He had a memo that stated that if you didn't choose an HSPA+ compatible plan you wouldn't have any data connectivity.

I think there is a high possibility that that memo is garbage. The rep at the AT&T store said I could keep my unlimited data package, and my online account shows that my data is the "SmartPhone Personal Unlimited" for $30.00.

I am able to get to websites, I've downloaded apps, and I'm currently syncing with my htcsense.com account.

mrnserv

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
AT&T store rep told me would be able to keep unlimited data with 4G, but did need to get a new SIM card when switched to Inspire. Online says unlimited data still but not under 4G section, rep said 4G wasn't even active yet, so don't worry about it. Phone says H+ with Check under it at top now.

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I just drove back from Vegas to Southern California this morning and aside from the few points that are EDGE and GPRS on that drive the Inspire showed H+ the whole way.

I ran speed tests the whole drive with the Inspire and my wife's iPhone 4 sitting side by side. (don't worry, I wasn't the one driving) There was little to no difference between the two the whole drive, telling me that if there is in fact "back haul" to be turned on it is not on along this route.

On a side note, AT&T is down right atrocious in Vegas. The speeds there were never even close to 1MB down and it took about 3 times dialing a number to get it to connect. Wow, I see why people hate on at&T so much! Where I live I have solid 3G coverage and always have about 2-2.5 MB down. The inspire had the exact same results at my house that my Nexus one has had for the past year and a half. I guess the "4G" is not on here either.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I just drove back from Vegas to Southern California this morning and aside from the few points that are EDGE and GPRS on that drive the Inspire showed H+ the whole way.

I ran speed tests the whole drive with the Inspire and my wife's iPhone 4 sitting side by side. (don't worry, I wasn't the one driving) There was little to no difference between the two the whole drive, telling me that if there is in fact "back haul" to be turned on it is not on along this route.

On a side note, AT&T is down right atrocious in Vegas. The speeds there were never even close to 1MB down and it took about 3 times dialing a number to get it to connect. Wow, I see why people hate on at&T so much! Where I live I have solid 3G coverage and always have about 2-2.5 MB down. The inspire had the exact same results at my house that my Nexus one has had for the past year and a half. I guess the "4G" is not on here either.

It totally depends on where you are for the dropped calls issues. I've never had a dropped call where I live.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
One of the reps at the ATT store said H+ was just 3G. I think he personally didn't consider it 4G and that's why he said that. Edge shows up as an E though.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non