Wifi improvement?

Vindictive

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a iphone 3GS. I notice that my connection with the my inspire drops from my bedroom which is about 40 feet away from my router. My 3GS didn't seem to have this issue and i don't recall dropping the connection. Anyone know a way to improve the wifi signal? Or maybe I will need to get a boaster or extender. Thanks.

jruzzano

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I was just going to ask the same. I am coming from HTC Aria and often lose connection to wifi in the garage where I didn't with the Aria. I just hope I don't lose it by the pool in the summer!

Vindictive

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It also appears to be happening to my cell signal. I always had a cell signal at my desk at work with my 3GS but right now it says no service :(

Blanco720

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand, the connection and speed is also related to the firmware settings of the router (i.e., WAP vs WAP2, etc). I don't have much knowledge in networking, but maybe someone who does could provide some ideal setting for your router that use minimal security settings to optimize the connection speed...

Blanco720

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
and will that make the data faster? Im only getting 12 down on my Inspire standing in the same room as my router which is hardwired into a 100 mbps ethernet...

Vindictive

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
This is getting old. I remove all the security settings on my router and I'm still getting drops. BTW I have two inspires and it happens on both. I also connect at work to a different brand router and I get the same dripping of the signal. I also notice that the gps signal goes in and out like others have posted about. I'm getting a wireless repeater on Monday and if that doesn't fix my wireless problem I'm going to return it. And get a Atrix. :(