AC needs your help -- Did you root your Inspire?

kfrost35.1

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did root my phone about 2 weeks after I got it but for me since I am 1st time android user I sent my phone out to be rooted since I am unfamiliar with all the process that goes with all the work being done.
I wanted to do that so I can get rid of the ATT bloatware that was on the phone and free wifi teathering so I went from an Inspire 4g to a Desire HD European Rom on the phone, but if you are someone that likes the HTC Sence and HTC Hub then I would suggest not to get it rooted since I got a Pure 2.3 gingerbread on my phone now it eliminates a lot of the stock apps that were on Inspire phone.

jwzg

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
C'mon folks, bubby's method ain't rocket science. The hack kit instructions gave me a headache though. Seriously, and I don't mean to be an arse, if you can't follow bubby's method, you probably shouldn't be rooting anyway.

Reactions: UltraDroid

UltraDroid

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I own four android phones, all are rooted, and I have got to say that the HTC Inspire was the most difficult of all of them to root. It took me around an hour to make the gold card and run the script to root it. I used Bubby's version and followed the video to the letter, pausing each time I finished one of the steps and I gotta say that it was a BEAR to get through. The Motorola Atrix, on the other hand was the easiest thing in the world to root - almost as easy as the original Droid (D1) all those months ago.

All I can say is that rooting the Inspire 4G is not easy, but it *is* doable, if you follow the instructions to the letter. Once you're rooted, there is a multitude of custom roms available for it, over on the xda developers forum - Inspire 4G Android Development - Page 2 - xda-developers

HTH,

-Mike

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
No I have not rooted by Inspire. But I'm becoming more and more curious about doin this to my phone. Thing is, instructions I have found, well lets just say, seems as tho their written for those who know way more that I do about rooting/etc.

Is there a dummies version of this? (grinz)

And, if I were to root, where are the cons of doin so?

Can anyone give me examples of what I can do with my phone once rooted, that I can't with it not being rooted. Please be specific. I'm trying to see if the pro's would outweigh the cons!

TIA!

mdwbeex

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I rooted mine in just about 45 minutes using Bubby's "one click" (my ass) tool. Just follow the video explicitly and you'll have root in under an hour. A bit complicated, but overall pretty simple.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95