Need some help (Device to Device transfer)

JoshuaExline

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Just got a replacement device from AT&T so, now, I'm wanting to transfer my current data (texts, emails, apps, etc) to the new device (like the device to device transfer you can do through Blackberry Desktop Manager)

I'm still a bit of an Android newb, so is there an easy way to do this? Bluetooth perhaps??

Any help is MUCH appreciated.

Silas0220

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't find it after the fact, but I definitely remember an option to do this during the initial setup on the phone, when I booted it the first time. Same place you chose your initial language, etc. If you've already booted the phone and bypassed this, I'm sure there has to be a way to do it after the fact, but I can't find it right now. If I recall, there was an option to do it over bluetooth, though who knows how accurate it is.

Don't forget, contacts, calendar, and apps ought to be synced with Google already, and you can have those sync from the Googleness once you start up your phone. Just be sure you're on wifi or an unlimited account.

Silas0220

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just saw your response -- I would also recommend using My Backup Pro and saving the backup to your sd card. Then you can just put the sd card in the new phone and restore the backup from there. I would NOT recommend backing up and restoring any of the above mentioned Googleness stuff via My Backup Pro. I've ended up with duplicate stuff many times from this.

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I would just bring the devices into your local AT&T corporate store and kindly ask if they could transfer your stuff. The UME device will transfer contacts, SMS, pictures, and video. The SMS is the only thing you can't transfer yourself, the contacts should be backed up to your Google/GMail account. The apps should restore as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer