Screen lock issues.

Specialk411

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Idk if it's just my phone or this is a setting for all Htc Inspire phones but when I plug my inspire into a charger when I'm not using it the screen doesn't go black or lock like I want it too. Anyone know how to make it lock?

rocketry876

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
You can lock the screen by pressing the little power button on the top left of the phone. The screen should go off automatically depending on what settings you have chosen. When the phone is turned off and charging the screen will never go off; it will be on very dim with a little battery icon and the percentage of juice in the battery.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Idk if it's just my phone or this is a setting for all Htc Inspire phones but when I plug my inspire into a charger when I'm not using it the screen doesn't go black or lock like I want it too. Anyone know how to make it lock?

Choose Menu>Settings>Applications>Development and you'll see a checkbox for the screen to stay awake while charging. Uncheck it.

rocketry876

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
hey pazzo02, does your screen turn fully off when the phones charging and shut off? mine doesnt and I have verified that the box is unchecked.