HTC Inspire Camera Lens Cracked...HELP!

fiercekitty

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Actually..$125 to replace a $450 phone doesn't sound like bad deal to me..

Check @ some "authorized dealers" instead of corporate stores. I know the one in my town does some fixes to phones

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
replace it yourself.

look online for htc inspire 4g parts, and be sure it the same serial number part. could cost you $40, and you do all the labor work.

other than that, your SOL unless you buy another phone online like through ebay or craigslist.

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
I got the phone on Craigslist to begin with. Anybody have any links to parts or links on how to take an HTC Inspire apart?

From what I've seen, if you screen that protects the camera is cracked, then you need to replace the whole rear housing.

I remember buying parts for my BlackBerry Bold 9000 from Faceplate | Housing | Repair parts | Accessories | Mobile parts - Cellular Accessories | Mobile and they were super reliable in parts and shipping.

HTC Desire HD OEM back cover - - Cellular Accessories | Mobile Accessories | Cell Phone Chargers |

I've used them many times in the past, and since they carry parts for HTC too, I will keep them in my book marks just in case, lol.

$50 is what the part costs, not including shipping and handling which gets shipped from HK, China and you get it in 10 days since its international. They take Paypal.

And if your camera is also damaged, then you can try these guys out too: http://www.globaldirectparts.com/HTC-Inspire-4G-Camera-p/htc742840.htm
The camera costs about $17 USD. Not bad, lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38