root or unlock ?

kawasakiinit

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys this is my first post so sorry for all the questions etc.

My gs2 is now out of contract and I wish to use a 3 monthly simm only deal, my phone is locked to t mobile at the moment.i would like to unlock it for the new sim and still be able to update as normal via kies software etc .

My questions are will unlocking it be permanent even after up grade or do I have to root it and flash new software etc. I have flashed software to phone before so am confident I can do it I just need advice on which software if needed and where to find it. I have looked into so called free unlocking on the net and you tube but you have to fill in the surveys etc and give your details to the world and his dog.

Thankyou in advance

Dave.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys this is my first post so sorry for all the questions etc.

My gs2 is now out of contract and I wish to use a 3 monthly simm only deal, my phone is locked to t mobile at the moment.i would like to unlock it for the new sim and still be able to update as normal via kies software etc .

My questions are will unlocking it be permanent even after up grade or do I have to root it and flash new software etc. I have flashed software to phone before so am confident I can do it I just need advice on which software if needed and where to find it. I have looked into so called free unlocking on the net and you tube but you have to fill in the surveys etc and give your details to the world and his dog.

Thankyou in advance

Dave.

Welcome to the forums. As far as I understand it, all you need to do is get the phone unlocked from TMo. But first, I would ensure the device is compatible on what carrier you are going to change to.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
After your contract expires most carriers will unlock your phone for free.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
My provider I just call the help line and they generally tell the store to fox my issues for free. Maybe I am lucky.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress