T-Mobile Note 3: Freezing after KitKat update

FifthElement

May 23, 2012
Visit site
BS, as I said before, "Also the update hasn't really been pushed to users, only tech users have manually downloaded the update. Once in flux of users that download via OTA notice happens you'll start seeing more issues. I have four Note 3's and all four of them have the issues, 4/4! A lot of users get the update notification and afraid to download the update. I would care to guess that 75%+ of Note 3 owners on T-Mobile are still on JB!"!

5th

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
This thread is one if the reasons why I hate how most oems do updates as most issues can be cleared with a cache wipe or worst case a factory reset. From what I've heard in this thread a factory reset will fix the freezing issue. But that's just me guessing from the outside.

FifthElement

May 23, 2012
Visit site
This thread is one if the reasons why I hate how most oems do updates as most issues can be cleared with a cache wipe or worst case a factory reset. From what I've heard in this thread a factory reset will fix the freezing issue. But that's just me guessing from the outside.
Done everything you said and did a master reset twice! Going to try a full ROM reset via ODIN and and the official T-Mobile KitKat ROM. But I have two note 3's on my account and two more on my mothers and all four are loaded with issues. Mainly calling issues, Wifi calling and battery loss. Anyone know of an app that backs up MMS messages? Don't care about the pics but I need to save the text, arg!

5th

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

Nope, I did factory reset and it didn't do ****. I had to get a 3rd Note 3 and not download the update and it runs just perfectly with 4.3 now

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Late to the party but a factory restore didn't do anything for me either... this is ridiculous, I mean I know a lot of people don't have problems after they updated to Kit Kat but this update has turned my once perfect phone into a buggy mess.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Unless you want to root and void your warranty you need to make as much notice with tmobile and Samsung to get these issues resolved. I hope tmobile can resolve the issue quickly.

WeeDiuX

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes mine too .. but i don't need to pull the battery it just restarts by it self.. this is my 3rd day with the phone.. bought it then updated it

Gary Briggs

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to let people know: I have an LG G Pro, and At&T pushed the update without me knowing it and I'm having the same issues with freezing and unresponsiveness, so it's not the fault of Samsung I believe. I think the issue is Android pushed Kit Kat out too soon.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Just thought I'd give my $.02.

I got the update and immediately after the phone rebooted I started getting force close messages and the phone would freeze and was really sluggish. I rebooted into recovery and wiped cache and data 4 times each, and rebooted. After setting everything back up, phone has been great so far.

Federico Elinger

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Just thought I'd give my $.02.

I got the update and immediately after the phone rebooted I started getting force close messages and the phone would freeze and was really sluggish. I rebooted into recovery and wiped cache and data 4 times each, and rebooted. After setting everything back up, phone has been great so far.

I have solved it! Simply change the launcher with Google Now Launcher. I think it's Samsung's Touch Wiz adaptation problem in KitKat. I have a Galaxy Note 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress