• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

very weak signal unless i'm sitting beside my modem

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
You mention your modem, so are you talking about WiFi signal or carrier signal?

To reply to this thread please sign in to Android central.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Call T-Mobile's customer service. They should be able to set you up with a free signal booster. (You'll probably have to give a deposit, and realize that they do expect it back if/when you decide to drop your T-Mobile service.) I have one, and it works well.

But you mention that your signal is weak unless you're right by your modem -- are you sure you're talking about your cellular signal, or wi-fi?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the signal is weak unless you're sitting near your modem, check it out on someone else's wifi. (You're probably using wifi calling because the TMobile signal is weak.) If it's weak on some other wifi, it's your phone - the antenna got disconnected or the radio is bad. In either case, it has to go into the repair shop.

If it works with another wifi, it's a bad modem - call your internet provider (most people use the providfer's modem) and ask where to bring it for replacement. (Or pay over $100 for them to bring you a new one, in most cases. It's cheaper to stand on line for a while.)