S4 dropping signal....alot

dustlane

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I just got my new 16g S4 yesterday. As of right now, I have dropped network signal eight times. I get the circle with they line going through it at the top of the phone. It stays off for several seconds then it picks up again. I have reset the phone twice already and it just keeps happening. Anyone else having this issue? I'm going to exchange it tomorrow but if this is a common issue, I am going to get something different. Maybe HTC One or iPhone 5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
you need to know what carrier signal works best in your area. maybe thats the issue..you do not have a good signal. when you are out and about and you can safely look watch how it behaves around town

dustlane

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
My wife and son both have new Galaxy S3's on the same network. I just set both of them right next to mine and when my network dropped they both had five bars. This time it stayed dropped for about a minute.

dustlane

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
If I turn Wi-Fi off, the network stays connected. As soon add I turn the Wi-Fi back on, the network drops for a few seconds then reconnects. Then it drops every few minutes and stays disconnected for a few seconds each time.

dustlane

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Never mind.I just disconnected and reconnected the Wi-Fi and the AT&T network stayed connected this time. But I did leave the Wi-Fi off for several minutes and had no network issues. It's only when the Wi-Fi is on that I have network issues.

Kelly Dyke

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Im in the UK & have a S4 i9505 my plan is 4G, in network settings I had auto connect (4G,3G,2G) based on this i was only getting 1 bar if not no bars everywhere, i was concerned because I thought I had signal issues, however I spoke to Samsung & because I had it on 4G,3G,2G it was seaching for 4G 1st and because 4G is new in my area & low signal that is why I was having the issues, as soon as I changed my network settings to 3G/2G only my signal has improved & working, so for people having poor signal go to network settings & change it to auto connect at 2G/3G if your phone is still having issues it may be the phone, but it fixed my issue. maybe that is why alot of people are having low signal if its on 4G/3G/2G i think Samsung should have made customers aware.

Melissa Carolissen

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue.
My S4 drops network several times a day, then I have to reboot in order to connect to my carrier.
It's definitely not a carrier or sim issue because mine works fine in other phones, & others on my network don't get dropped.

DCuedari

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi every one,
I am using my samsung galaxy s4 i337 for almost 2 years and i was happy to have the best signal and 3g with the full bars all times, since the day that I broke my screen. I send to replace it and when I got i beck the menu and the back buttons were not working, so i send it again, and now that the buttons woks perfectly i am having serious problems with my signal, 90% of the times it is with 1 bar, i dont get phone calls and using the 3g is inposible. PLEASE someone help me i really need a advice of what to do or wich part to buy on ebay. thank you DDEVV