Transparent weather widget?

tholder85

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Been searching around on google and found some info on making the weather widget transparent. My question is, does the phone have to be rooted in order to do this? Just wondered if someone has done this to their phone? I would like to make mine transparent. Anybody got any suggestions?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't find any setting to make the stock weather widget transparent. I use the app HD Widgets to make my own. You can choose from several styles and functions, with everything from solid backgrounds, semi-transparent to no background. You might want to give it a try. There are many other widget apps in the store as well. For me I liked HD Widgets best.

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Try Go Weather EX. There are several themes available including transparent... I think it was $5 for the addon themes or to get rid of ads.
The weather info. is excellent.

From my 32gb GS4 via Tapatalk

jerseykirby

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I currently use Eye in the Sky Weather widget. There is a setting to make it transparent. Very minimal, very elegant, and there's a free verison as well.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I use the paid version of BeWeather (there is a free version as well, but it has ads) and it too can be set to transparent.

LuvrGirl

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I use the paid version of BeWeather (there is a free version as well, but it has ads) and it too can be set to transparent.

I really like the BeWeather app and the 2x2 widget it includes which has current temp in the first row and in the second row it has that day's forecast and tomorrow's forecast. Also I can make it transparent (glass).

Anybody know of another app that has the same widget type/format/style? The BeWeather widget stopped working and it won't update.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I really like the BeWeather app and the 2x2 widget it includes which has current temp in the first row and in the second row it has that day's forecast and tomorrow's forecast. Also I can make it transparent (glass).

Anybody know of another app that has the same widget type/format/style? The BeWeather widget stopped working and it won't update.

Have you uninstalled/reinstalled? I'm using the HD Widget weather app and you can make it transparent as well.

EDIT: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=cloudtv.hdwidgets&hl=en&token=9z1IPIzT

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Go Weather EX
Tap the cloud and it takes you to forecasts, 24 hour, weekly, etc.
Tap the time = Alarm clock, stop watch, inter. time
Tap the date = Calendar
:)

Attachments

• 2013-07-12 10.35.33.jpg
    2013-07-12 10.35.33.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 26

Dan158

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Here it may be what you want. Searching myweatherwidget on Play.
myweatherwidget.png

myweatherwidgetnight.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress