Update just stopped and is gone

mdye

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. Was about 70% done downloading the update to 4.3 then it just stopped and went away. Now it's like it never happened and is making me wait a other 24 hours before it'll try again. This is where AT&T makes me mad.

Posted via Android Central App

adarnold542

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
The same thing just happened to me! I was at roughly the same percentage (maybe in the 60s), and now it is completely gone from my phone.... this after waiting for it to get to that point for 3.5 hours!

Greg Riegler

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Ugh. Was about 70% done downloading the update to 4.3 then it just stopped and went away. Now it's like it never happened and is making me wait a other 24 hours before it'll try again. This is where AT&T makes me mad.

Turn off automatic date/time settings and manually change your date to 24 hours from now, and you can try again.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just mentioned that the same stupid thing happened to my wife's S4 in another thread. It's all on AT&T. They can't handle the rollout.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
On my 7th try. I can only make it up to 20% and it drops. I have solid Wi-Fi. May have to try later when everyone gives up for the night.

For some reason my white version took 2-3 hours (of course it was going slow and it stopped once. But today I went to best buy and bought myself an exclusive color that only Best Buy will sell, which is the Arctic Blue Samsung galaxy S 4 (Link: Samsung GS4 113810 - Best Buy ). It came with 4.2.2 (MF3, since I got the AT&T model). Anyways I installed 4.3 on that device and went pretty much quicker than my white one, probably only took less than an hour. But I guess it depends on the time of day the downloading takes place.

Last edited:

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Ha, now I tried again 24 hours later and it says it's up to date and that there is no software update available! (And yes, it still is 4.2.2.) WTF is all this about?

droided77

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Mine finally updated on the 4th attempt over 2 days. Had to play with the dates like others said.
Odd, my coworker has the S4 checked at work yesterday and it said he was ready to update but he clicked remind me later (no wifi at work) but when he checked tonight it said he was up to date. AT&T must be trying to level load their network.

mdye

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I actually tweeted about this to AT&T customer service and they said they were temporarily pulling the update while they look into a few things.

Jason Ervin2

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Did they mention when the update will be up and avaliable again? Cause I still cannot get it... Got to about 70 percent then KAPUT!