Gonna try a Windows Phone

teslapod

May 24, 2011
Visit site
AT&T and Samsung have pi*sed me off enough. I'm gonna try out a Windows Phone for a while and see what thats all about. The Infuse is now two OS's behind. Android fragmentation differentiation continues to be a real problem.

I know I could flash a leaked ROM, but AT&T and Samsung should be supporting their phones.

leeshor

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I have an Infuse and a Samsung Windows phone, I have no problem with the Infuse just because the updates are behind but with that said I do use my Windows hone as my primary.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I quite liked the Samsung Focus when I tried it. It was still lacking a few features which Mango probably fixed.

Right now the main issue is certain apps I really like that are not available for it.

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I had the samsung focus and at first I loved it, then I liked it, then it was ok, then it was boring, then I got the Samsung Infuse!!! If you like simple easy to use, but can't do much on it type of phones, you would love the windows phone! As I did... and then I realized that it was too boring for me lol.

Cons: Not enough apps, not enough customizations can be made to the phone (you can only change premade tile colors and background color b/w), battery life was decent if you turned the data off, and Definitely lacking in features! no custom notification tones!? really?! .. and there was no easy way to make/get custom ringtones.

Pros: Simple, easy to use, very sleek looking, has some cool features built in to the phone that you would normally need apps for like finding things near you and stuff like that.

Anyway, if you arent in to the whole having a mini computer in your hand type of phone go with windows phone, if you want a more computer like feel to you phone, go with android, if you want an inbetween the two, go with iPhone

Software Guy

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
While I think the idea of the Windows phone is great, I have only played with one in the store and it was very nice. The drawback to a windows or apple phone is you just can't customize them enough. My infuse (now a skyrocket) allows for way more out of the box. It was 6 months before I felt the need to root. The iPhone? 1 week.