Have Widgets disappearing? Heres how to fix that...

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So. I buy the Infuse, use it for a bit and start to notice something. On certain applications that have a widget, after every reboot the widget would disappear. And it would disappear from the widget list to. I never had this happen on any of my Android Phones before. Not even the Captivate. So I did a little research and found some information.

If you have a certain app that is missing its widget after you reboot, do this:

Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> <Problematic App / Widget> (And if available) -> Move to Phone

Widgets wont disappear anymore. Certain apps like SpringPad and Evernote would have the widgets disappear for me. There are others to Im sure of, but if you run into that problem then make sure you move that application to phone. Its probably gonna have it listed as being on the SD card. Thanks to darkjayz at XDA :)

Widgets Disappearing

Reactions: reefrunway

jklitten

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip.

I ran into a similar problem. When I plugged in my phone the apps stored on my SD card didn't come back when I unplugged it.

I've found that either simply ejecting it before unplugging it (seems like good practice anyway) or running SDRescan from the market does the trick.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Good tip. Wonder if there is a way to have the phone install to primary memory instead of trying to stick everything on the external card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

yellowv

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine does it with the Pandora widget. I tried this trick and it didn't give me the option to bring it back. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Then it gave me the widget back so I tried this to move it to phone and then I lost the widget again.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Pandora. Did you go to Pandora in the apps section and hit move to internal memory?

sent from my Samsung Infuse 4G

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Strange. It worked fine on evernote for me. Did you try to check what's on your SD card? Just to make sure it didnt get installed on it?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Moving apps back to phone storage has improved stability for my device as well. I think that Touchwiz is buggy and likes to lock up, particularly when adding and removing widgets and shortcuts. I just installed the Arc Launcher for sony devices and have noticed a huge improvement in performance and stability.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I might install adw and give it a shot. I normally always have ADW installed, but touchwiz is pretty simple to use that I just stuck with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non