Text problems

aleelee

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I have had the Infuse for three weeks now. I am using the stock launcher and it's running Froyo..I haven't changed anything.

When sending text messages, one in three or so will fail. I try to resend the message, sometimes several times, before it will send. When receiving picture messages, there will be up to a two hour delay before receiving them and I never get the new message sound. I don't even know I've been sent one till I open up the texting app (plain messaging app that came installed on the phone) and see that there is a message trying to download. I then have to click on the message before it will actually download the picture.

I was using JuiceDefender and thought maybe it was causing some conflict, but after uninstalling and restarting the phone, the problem is still there. It is quite frustrating. I have searched around and don't see anyone else complaining about this so I am wondering if maybe it's a setting I've accidentally changed, or an app like Juice Defender has changed??

Could it be due to the phone on wifi and not on mobile data? This is my first smart phone with wifi, so it's pretty new to me.

Any ideas for me to try? I have called ATT, but they are pretty clueless because this phone is so new. They did a reset on their side, had me reboot the phone, but that did not help at all.

Thanks!

aleelee

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes I do. I remember reading a thread a while back that some people had problems with messages when using those but I never did until now. I think that it's a strong possibility the micro cell is my problem. UGH......:(

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. New to me. If so, I would head over to XDA though and search for those specific fixes. There pretty good on what they can do there in XDA. Thats my main culprint of a website for custom work.

aleelee

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. New to me. If so, I would head over to XDA though and search for those specific fixes. There pretty good on what they can do there in XDA. Thats my main culprint of a website for custom work.
I went to XDA and searched for microcell, and there was a thread with a possible fix. I made the microcell's ip static and set it up in a DMZ. So now it's just a waiting game to see if that's the fix. Crossing my fingers!

I didn't know about XDA--looks like there is a ton of good info there!

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Posting back to update it didn't work. I sent out a text and it immediatly failed. I'm at a loss.

Oddly, I experienced something similar today. I noticed that when I hit the search key and did a voice to text sms message, it would bring up the proper screen with the right name and message but when I hit Send, it said Message Not Sent. Later, I tried sending a regular sms and it failed over and over. Called AT&T and short explanation is that there was no message center number in the sms settings. Not sure how that happened. Can send regular sms now but the voice to text feature still not working (for sms only. email and web look ups work).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbxbzbc