Gingerbread Update Issues

MrCat2000

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I know we have been pushing for this update since October and we finally received it but is anyone else experiencing some of these issues with the new update?

I certainly thought battery life would improve but it has gotten worse. On my heaviest usage days, I would need to recharge by bedtime. Now, the battery wont last 1/2 a day without draining to < 20% just in standby.
This may or may not be related to the next issue:

I really liked the running apps icon that would allow you to stop the running or standby programs that you opened. Now, after the update I stop all programs and 10 minutes later there are 15-18 programs running again. The worse part is they keep running on their own without me opening them. I understand that messaging and some others run in the background at times but these are programs (and sometimes games) that just open on their own and keep doing so after I kill them.

Lastly, when I'm in an app or mostly when I'm on the browser, the screen goes dark, closes the browser, and takes me to the home screen. This happens several times a day.

I feel like this update was pushed out full of bugs just to squelch the growing discontent from owners based on LG's/AT&T's original promise of having it by October of last year.

Anyone else have these issues?

Thanks

MrCat2000

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Forgot to also add, I cannot download any apps from the Amazon App store due to the fact that it says that there is no SD card when in fact there is and I save my pics and ringtones, and market apps to it.

I guess from the number of views to this thread and no responses that my issues must be fairly isolated.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Everything worked fine for me, aside from radio signal.

Seriously, my phone is nearly useless as a phone.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

stylez619

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
The update broke my bluetooth capability and my handset no longer recognizes ANY SD card I use.

Luckily, I can just walk over a few rows and get a new flash.

Acridpunkpistol

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Im also experiencing the same issues! Apps opening on their own, and not even my SD card can be read. I hate to say it but I think the rushed Android Gingerbread update has done more harm than improvements.

j8son

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Definitely not isolated issues. I'm having the same app issue and have seen some other posts online complaining about it. I haven't seen or found a fix yet. It's extremely frustrating. Not only kills the battery on the phone, but seriously slows down operation. Any fixes? Thought Gingerbread was supposed to be better!?!

delerium0ne

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I came here looking to update to Gingerbread but perhaps I should just stick it out and deal with Froyo until I get a newer phone with ICS in a couple months. I rooted a while back and decided to unroot my Evo 4G but I haven't been able to successfully apply any of the updates I've received since then. Perhaps I'm not missing out on anything.
:-\

holmem

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Having many of the same issues also. One that I have that no one's mentioned is the time-of-day clock. Mine will not update for the most part. Sometimes, when I wake it, it will fly through the digits like it was buffered or something, but most of the time I'm about 30 minutes to an hour behind.
I also habitually kill all Apps when idle, and make sure I'm only using Wifi at home. But now all the same 8 to 10 apps restart themselves within 30 seconds of killing them.
I'm at 2.3.5 version - has anyone seen a patch to a newer version?

Mike

Smb841

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issues, apps opening on their own. And now I am not receiving any notifications from my apps, even though i have it marked to notify. I have to go into my gmail and hit refresh to get any new emails.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issues, apps opening on their own. And now I am not receiving any notifications from my apps, even though i have it marked to notify. I have to go into my gmail and hit refresh to get any new emails.

Do you have background data disabled? Or auto sync turned off?

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non