16gb Or 32gb Nexus 5

Ethan Monkhouse

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I was wondering what Nexus 5 to buy 16gb or 32gb. I am a light gamer but occasionally watch movies and every once in a while I download a heavy app such as "Call Of Duty" or similar. Thanks for the help in advance. Ethan :)

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I was wondering what Nexus 5 to buy 16gb or 32gb. I am a light gamer but occasionally watch movies and every once in a while I download a heavy app such as "Call Of Duty" or similar. Thanks for the help in advance. Ethan :)

Will you be downloading the movies to your phone to watch them, or will you stream them? What about music - are you planning to download a lot of music? For the games, it depends on how many big games you download.

Personally, I got the 16gb version, and that's enough space for me. But I don't download much. Most of the media I access via my phone I stream from the internet. The two biggest storage hogs for me are apps (a little over 3 gb) and photos (about 3.5 gb). I should probably move those pics to the cloud to free up more space though.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
32G, don't even consider a 16G model. I have a 16G Nexus 7 and I have to be very careful not to run into it's limits. I don't do games at all, just music, Sygic navigation and a few videos. My N5 and my previous phone, the Galaxy Nexus, each have 32G. I've never been close to using that up. The difference is only $50, so it's a nobrainer to get the 32G version.

ski522

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
If you have to ask than you probably want 32GB...most of us who bought the 16GB have a good idea of what we need for memory or we're just cheap ;).

chram893

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Go big or go home. The 32GBs hands down! You'll never have to worry about having too little memory space!

Posted via Android Central App

TheEijk

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I haven't bought the 32gb model, is because it wasn't available in my country at the time I got the phone. I highly recommend you to get the 32gb model. ;)

3C0T3CH

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Go for the 32GB. I don't store any media on my Nexus 5, and just have apps including games installed on it. I'm OK for now, but my 16GB Nexus 5 only has 3GB available now. Again, that's without any media (pictures, video, audio, etc.) being stored on it.

I got the 16GB model since I knew I wouldn't be using it for storage (I can remotely use my computer's storage over the internet, and/or my Google Drive account), but even so, I now think it would have been better to get the 32GB model.

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
32gb for sure.

only reason i got 16gb is that's what the tmobile store officially sells in the store, and you pay off the phone in 24 month installments with zero up front after paying ~$20 sales tax (long story short - dropped G2, needed new phone asap, have money but earmarked for other important expenses, switched to tmobile). in hindsight, after the 24 month payments, i'm almost at $400 so i should've gotten the 32gb model from the playstore...

Pro Vickers

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
32gb if you will be storing stuff like Music and Games on your phone. If you store mainly Movies I recommend the 16gb model with a OTG Cable and Flash Drive to save some $$$ (or ???!)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Caleb Pelton

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I went with the 32 because almost every phone I have ever had was 8 or 16 and it never failed that it would fill up. I don't store much on my phone but take lots of pictures of my kids and it always compounded fast. Plus, for only $50 more from the Play Store it was an easy call.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I would not consider anything less than 32 gigs. You can't upgrade memory later because Google made the awful decision not to have SD expansion. I have definitely used the extra space on mine.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Will you be downloading the movies to your phone to watch them, or will you stream them? What about music - are you planning to download a lot of music? For the games, it depends on how many big games you download.

Personally, I got the 16gb version, and that's enough space for me. But I don't download much. Most of the media I access via my phone I stream from the internet. The two biggest storage hogs for me are apps (a little over 3 gb) and photos (about 3.5 gb). I should probably move those pics to the cloud to free up more space though.

A lot of people don't even use the cloud! I don't really understand why though. I have a 16gb moto x and its plenty enough storage for me. I use the cloud for when I have to many pictures on my phone as well.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
A lot of people don't even use the cloud! I don't really understand why though. I have a 16gb moto x and its plenty enough storage for me. I use the cloud for when I have to many pictures on my phone as well.
If you start taking video, it will eat up space quick. I also have a 4.5 gig MP3 library (the cloud is not reliable enough for me to use for music.

32 gigs gives me the luxury of not having to delete stuff all the time. And it is a luxury I definitely missed on my 16 gig Nexus 4.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
If you start taking video, it will eat up space quick. I also have a 4.5 gig MP3 library (the cloud is not reliable enough for me to use for music.

32 gigs gives me the luxury of not having to delete stuff all the time. And it is a luxury I definitely missed on my 16 gig Nexus 4.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that need the 32gb versions. Especially if you take video like you said. I occasionally take photos and rarely ever take videos. I mostly download games and apps. And I usually only download one or two big games at a time. Then I play them and delete them after I'm done and if I wanna get more.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

milkycrazy

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
16 GB was definitely not enough for me with my previous Android phone, maybe partly because of the AT&T bloatware crap. I also like to sync music for offline listening, using an app like Rdio.

April920

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend 32gb I have the nexus7 I don't get anything under 32gb although I use cloud storage you could never go wrong with more storage.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
32gb easily. It's worth it

Plus the cloud is great, but you need a good data connection to use it plus it's not a good idea if you aren't on an unlimited plan. Downloading streaming and uploading will burn the gigabytes away

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick