auto rotate better
camera opens faster at lock screen and works better while using
phone is a lot faster
signal is better
still checking for more improvements but overall I'm happy with this update

jsleboeuf

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I used Wug's toolkit. You can get it from the Galaxy Nexus forums or XDA I'm sure. It will return you to stock to do it though, so backup anything you don't want to lose!

JollyRoger

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Just worked for me. Tried 10 times last night. Tried 3 times at about 10am. Just tried again at 10:40, which is when it took. Woot!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

This method has worked for some. After my third try, i was prompted to 4.0.4!!!!!

Found this on XDA's website and it worked in N.Y.C queens.

Originally Posted by stkiswr

>>>> Home/menu/settings/apps/all/google services framework/

Touch this.

Once it opens clear data and force stop it. Hit home/settings/about phone/check for updates.
May take a few tries.

NO MORE LAG!!!,,, ASU has improved.. everything is smooth now.. especially opening the app drawer. Browser is more fluid.. faster switching to cdma to LTE... camera seems a tad slow compared to 4.0.2. so far so good, Amen!

good luck everyone:)

Worked great! Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: xyzlene

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
why on earth would i lie about this.. i even provided a screenshot...

I'm a 38 year old man.. do no have the time to be playing mind games..

Originally Posted by @rbiter XDA_

teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency.

I have to eat crow. This morning it worked on the 3rd try. Yesterday it didn't work no matter how many times I tried.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I think its BC of the mass roll out... and everyone should be receiving their updates. Last night I didn't have to go through all the tedious steps of clearing cache, force stop, and etc.... I just clicked check for updates and it pulled right through.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I think its BC of the mass roll out... and everyone should be receiving their updates. Last night I didn't have to go through all the tedious steps of clearing cache, force stop, and etc.... I just clicked check for updates and it pulled right through.

I agree. Got mine the same way, just checked updates and there it was.

gene1138

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Holy cow this worked. Returned to stock from the original leak. Tried doing the normal check for updates. Nada. Followed these steps and I'm now updating to IMM76K. Weird.

kph3

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Need some help...after trying the "FC and Clear" technique, my device is not showing in google play store on-line and my Chrome to mobile is not working. I tried logging out and back in and also rebooting. Also tried purchasing from Play on phone which worked, but I still have the problems on the PC. Does anyone know how to fix this? What are all of you doing that tried this same technique?
thanks.

charveldude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Tried the data clear thingy last night with no success, but woke up this morning to an update message.

My life appears to be mostly the same, even after the update. :D

lowdwn169

May 6, 2010
Visit site
worked after i did the clear/fc method after about 10 tries, but only after i turned off the LTE and went straight CDMA. it wouldnt come up at all but as soon as i did the CDMA only BAM! it popped up

GaGator

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
OTA 4.04 came as routine update at 9am ET today from VZW (NE Georgia).
No radio fix. I'm on the cusp of a 4G area and still can get only 2 bars of 3G.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
OTA 4.04 came as routine update at 9am ET today from VZW (NE Georgia).
No radio fix. I'm on the cusp of a 4G area and still can get only 2 bars of 3G.

It does have new radios (so there is a "fix"). If you didn't have any positive progress, however, then perhaps (1) your issue is more specific to your device (i.e. hardware related), (2) the 4G area is weak, or (3) it takes a bit of time for things to settle.