6 or 8?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
None of the new Nokias pretends to be a flagship in either specs or pricing (certainly not the latter: all three are very favourably priced), but if even the 6 is not quite right for you, don't forget the upcoming Nokia P1 aka 8. Still shrouded in uncertainty and rumour, it is forecast to arrive in Q2, may use the Snapdragon 835, a 5.3" low bezel display, and a 24mp camera. Expect the highest specs and quality, but not quite the highest price.
Would you prefer to wait for the 8, or grab a 6?

johnh3

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I think Nokia 8 will arrive later possible at the IFA event in Germany. The priority for HMD Global/Nokia are probably to make new deals with distribution and carriers etc..
Much of that have been destroyed during the Elop Microsoft era. Remember they launched a Nokia android device then to, the Nokia X. Then pull out the support for that serie.

So they must build up the trust for the Nokia brand again. And it will take some time.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
They're well-known for their photographic prowess in the Lumias, so if they've got that right in these Androids, and always ensure that in all future devices, that will help.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Waiting for the 8 here. Think this might be a great comeback flagship for Nokia. Hopefully it will work on all carriers. I'm liking everything I read about it so far

skydiverian

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
I think Nokia 8 will arrive later possible at the IFA event in Germany. The priority for HMD Global/Nokia are probably to make new deals with distribution and carriers etc..
Much of that have been destroyed during the Elop Microsoft era. Remember they launched a Nokia android device then to, the Nokia X. Then pull out the support for that serie.

So they must build up the trust for the Nokia brand again. And it will take some time.

Doubt it will take much to get the carrier deals back, there will be a large amount of goodwill for Nokia across Europe at least.

Keeping an eye on the 8 as a possible move from my Lumia 950 - it's a great phone for my needs but I'm seeing more bugs than before (browser isn't as smooth, occasionally freezes and reboots far more often than it did before I got the Creators update). Depends on storage/dual sim/camera/size options - anything bigger than 5.2" doesn't do much for me so size is crucial, 5.5" of the 6 is too big for my liking.