[AIO] ROMTools v2.3.1 (ex-recoveryflasher) Tons of new features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I used the later 12518.6 version and it works great, after I made sure to name it 'vrecovery.img' :)

Newbie question here...can I upgrade the recovery from 1.2518.4 to 1.2518.6 without having to reinstall anything (ROM/apps)? And is there any benefit in doing so?

icarr4077

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks

The only way to get this to work is to flash back your initial nanadroid backup.
I had the same problem finally told the CSR to just reset my plan from there end and about five minutes later everything was back to normal. It appears you have to instruct the CSR to manually reset it on their end or they will try to pawn it off on reset/reprogramming your phone.

RE:problems flashing the recovery and new roms.
This is a awesome tool that I appreciate, but really if your having problems I suggest taking the time to read up on how to manually do this. If you cant find the instructions in our section try the S section.

These one-click/just press this button then this button programs are whats causing people to brick their phones. Not that they are a bad malicious program. Just too many people that dont know what they are doing using them. If you dont feel comfortable inputing the adb commands you should not be trying to root your phone. Personally I use romtools when I can but its mostly a convenience reason. I would rather type the commands myself so I can see if for some reason there is a mistype error causing problems.

I give mmmark111 huge kudos for creating this. I appreciate it and think its awesome. But in the end it allows more uninformed people to do something they otherwise shouldnt be doing.

Thanks, I actually read this while I was on the phone with tech support right after they had manually reset my service. I actually rooted my phone the manual way before I did this, I was running the stock rom with a root so I could remap the buttons on my phone. I restored to my back up last night and tried to reset the programming on my phone myself and after I talked to the tech people this morning. They are going to escalate my case and if that doesn't solve my problem they are going to replace my handset.......so basically I have to wait a week for them to send me a new phone. Woot :-\

Delphis

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Newbie question here...can I upgrade the recovery from 1.2518.4 to 1.2518.6 without having to reinstall anything (ROM/apps)? And is there any benefit in doing so?

This is a recovery image, and so will not touch your installed ROM/OS or apps. As for benefit, I have no idea. I would probably look at a changelog. I only used the most recently released version since I was needing to perform my first phone flash. I will likely not bother to change it unless I need it.

I'm a firm believer in 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have to say thank you for ROM Tools and your ROM. I am new to android and was leary of rooting and installing a custom ROM. I had no problem using your guide and tools. The rooting and installation of the Rodimus ROM went smooth as silk. I also used the ROM Tools to install a custom boot animation without any problems. Once again, thanks for all your work to make it easier on all us noobies to customize our phones as we see fit.:D

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I have to say thank you for ROM Tools and your ROM. I am new to android and was leary of rooting and installing a custom ROM. I had no problem using your guide and tools. The rooting and installation of the Rodimus ROM went smooth as silk. I also used the ROM Tools to install a custom boot animation without any problems. Once again, thanks for all your work to make it easier on all us noobies to customize our phones as we see fit.:D

Glad you like everything :)

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This is a recovery image, and so will not touch your installed ROM/OS or apps. As for benefit, I have no idea. I would probably look at a changelog. I only used the most recently released version since I was needing to perform my first phone flash. I will likely not bother to change it unless I need it.

I'm a firm believer in 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

I upgraded mine due to it not reading my /sd-ext partition. Kept giving that blk0 error or whatever. Now it reads it so I can format just that part and not have to partition and wipe my whole sd card just for that purpose. :)

Reactions: OptimusNate

RavenSEAL

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, i'm trying to flash recovery, and i manage to root sucessfully, then ROMTools flashes the recovery, but every time it reboots i get the stock recovery :(

Any ideas?

smankins

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried to use ROMTools to root my phone and now I am stuck on a step. I went through this thread and did not see anyone else with this problem so I guess I will hope someone can help me out here. I was doing the recovery (I did rename the recovery file to vrecovery.img) and my phone stopped on a blue screen with these messages:
Fastboot mode started
gpio_i2c: invalid khz: 0
bl: i2c write error
wdc_start()
-- suspend --
-- reset --
-- portchange --
-- reset --
-- portchange --
STALL GET_DESCRIPTOR 128 6 1006 0 18
-- reset --
-- portchange --
-- reset --
-- portchange --

I did load the drivers through ROMTools so I don't know what happened. I tried using adb through a command line but it does not see any devices connected through USB. Can anyone help me with this? I have not disconnected the phone from the PC yet and I can't out of this screen, much less try to flash recovery again. Thanks.

smankins

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
OK. I finally decided I had to try something with this phone since it is the only phone I have in the house. I unplugged it from the computer and pulled the battery. I then put the battery back in and all appears to be normal again. I was worried that might brick the phone or do something else but the phone has just been sitting here useless for quite a while. Maybe I will try this root process again later. I don't know if there was a driver problem during the process or what.

dvrvarma1

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Any step by step instructions ?

I am a newbie and have this phone. Can any one explain in lay terms why do we need to root the phone ? Any advantages ? Also How will I do that. I see the first page but still I dont know what I need to do ? Do I need to downlaod some other ROM s before doing this ? Any step by step instructions ? Thanks for the help

mrk442

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just FYI not sure it applies to every one or not but The tool was not working for me it seemed like it was running on the comp but never actually did anything to the phone. My rooted optimus s running Nrom but when i copied the adb.exe from the latest android SDK and replaced the one included with this package it works just find now.

I might have done something wrong but i figured i would mention it in case anyone else has an issue with it not working just try the adb from the SDK :)

I went ahead and zipped the adb i used in case anyone needed it and did not want to download the entire SDK and go through the trouble!

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from an optimus s to an optimus v. Is this the best way to get a custom recovery on the v? And does it contain the latest recovery?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

toddm27

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
so I installed this on my optimus V, added the custom recovery, but forgot to rename it, renamed it, and it gets to the custom recovery, but I have lost all data somehow, the 3g icon doesn't show up on top and it won't connect to anything, I then flashed to aphrodite 1.3.3, no change, tried restoring to a nandroid backup, still no network, any suggestions?

edit: ok, apparently there was a network outage at the exact moment I rooted my phone, all is well, thanks much, lmao

Last edited:

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Used this yesterday when I got my v. It took me 10 min to root flash recovery and rom compaired to an hour with my optimus s with adb. Great job. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

xanous

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Have to admit it was all my fault for not renaming the included recovery.img to vrecovery.img.
For whatever reason I thought the included recovery.img was automatically renamed by the options for the different phones during the process.
Not sure if it helps anyone else, but it all worked fine after the rename.

Thank you for all your work on this, sorry for the obvious newbie mistake.

YES! Thank you. I was having the same issues this worked. How did we all miss this?

darktower805

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
@mmmark111, I just wanted to say thanks for making this great program. I used it to root and install a stock vm rom + xionia kernel. It took me a lot of reading posts of what to do and what not to do, but I managed to get it done. Thanks again.

samusishere1

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I cant boot into clockwork with this program. when the program finishes installing it it just hangs at the LG logo and i cant get into recovery. can you please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001