All about Incredible batteries (Replacements, Charging..ect)

RanHam335

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys, I had it all wrong too. I do have a question though. I was planning for the initial charge to charge it for 24hrs turned off, do I have to do that? I thought I heard someone tell me that.

Amyshubby

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I was planning for the initial charge to charge it for 24hrs turned off, do I have to do that?

Nope. Most new phones can fully charge in a few hours.

I'm having the Incredible shipped to my office (ETA tomorrow!!!). It should arrive with a partial charge and I am going to plug it in and play with it when I get it, and it should be fully charged by the time I leave for home.

rortt

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Hong Kong batteries on Ebay

Has anyone ever bought any of these?

The price is right (two batteries and charger with shipping) for $16. However, I get the feeling they may just be paperweights. Surprisingly, the vendors have good feedback.

Next, has anyone tried the HTC Battery Bank G300. It is designed to recharge your phone a couple times. Looks like it would be a good item to throw in your laptop bag.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Did I ever say that Storm sucks?

I've had my Incredible for about six hours. Other than the battery drain...coming from playing with it and setting it up, I'm sure...I will never ever go back to Blackberry again.

I think I will try to hunt down a spare battery, though.

alear

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys, I had it all wrong too. I do have a question though. I was planning for the initial charge to charge it for 24hrs turned off, do I have to do that? I thought I heard someone tell me that.

That really only comes into play when you have a device that consumes power faster than it can charge (like a cordless drill/screwdriver or equivalent). It will charge slower when its on but its still charging up to full charge. I'd still give it a full charge before you start using it on battery only though.

Alex

R

Roy Aguilera

I think the Incredible and the Nexus share the same battery.
extended battery
Actually although one review here at AC says they are the same battery. They are not.

Last edited:

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Since I sell laptops and ipods and stuff, I deal with battery myths all the time. There are a lot of battery tips that still float around that aren't true with lithium ion batteries. Most of them come from NiCad or NiMH types, but NiCad is all but gone and NiMH is pretty rare in cell phones and computers. Almost everything these days is Lithium Ion.

I always tell people that with LiIon batteries, it's all about "mileage" so using up 80% of the battery and then charging it up is roughly the same as using up 40% twice. In addition, it's bad to let it get to zero, and very bad to let it sit at zero for an extended period of time. So the best thing you can do is charge it whenever you can and ignore anybody who tells you to run it all the way down.

You can also ignore people who say it's bad to leave the thing plugged in when it's already fully charged. Apparently this myth came from electric razors in the 70s or something. Pretty much any modern electronic device has built in mechanisms to prevent it from "overcharging" the battery.

thanks Colin. really good tip for us folks that still think you need to discharge before charging.

Guy Fox

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm one of those misguided people who was going to charge it all the way up without touching it, then keep draining it to the max, so thank u very much for the correct information! :D

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Why not: with some batteries the more cycles you put the battery through (cycle meaning charge/discharge), even partial cycles, would reduce overall battery life.

Okay--this sounds horrible... but, I usually upgrade once a year or so. I don't keep a phone long enough to notice poor battery life. :D

tmatt

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
How to know when your Battery is done charging, with phone off....

Hey guys, noobie question here, but just plugged my phone in and turned it off to charge the battery, I see the light on top, will this change to green once the battery is done charging? thanks in advance, oh and F Best Buy!

bss

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
yeah if you read the manual, it says the notification light is solid red when charging, and solid green when fully charged

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, noobie question here, but just plugged my phone in and turned it off to charge the battery, I see the light on top, will this change to green once the battery is done charging? thanks in advance, oh and F Best Buy!

Yes. The LED changes from red to green when the phone is fully charged.

With the phone on, tap the clock on the home screen. If you're plugged in, the percent of charge is on that screen.

tmatt

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
thanks. I did "briefly" look at the Charging your battery section, nothing on the light, but I assume its further along in the booklet. Thanks again!

kmully

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The manual says a full charge (I'm guessing from 0%) takes 4 hours. Anyone know how long it should take to charge with the partial charge the phone comes with?

tmatt

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
The manual says a full charge (I'm guessing from 0%) takes 4 hours. Anyone know how long it should take to charge with the partial charge the phone comes with?

I heard its 2 hrs, but dont know, I am 1 hr in my charge.....
But I am not seeing a percent charged on my phone, just the light, nothing on my screen.... anyone else having the same?

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
if you bring up the desktop clock while the charger is in, it says the battery percentage.

I can walk away for 3 mins with the phone on it's own power after it was fully charged, and lose 1% a minute? Man, that's... odd.

Dolo#AC

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Battery

I charged my phone all night last night, so it was fully charged when I woke up. After using it frequently all day so far, the remaining charge is already getting low and the bar has changed from green to orange. I hope this is because it is basically a new toy and i have used it so much. Any one else experience this?

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Try these things:

Turn off bluetooth if not already off
Turn off GPS if not already off
Turn off Wifi if not already off

Those 3 above can put some strain on your battery and after a few charges, you should/could see an improvement.

Also try to reduce your screen brightness between 10-40%, whatever isnt to dark for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones