Android Q blocks third-party launchers working with gesture navigation

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
On Q I have full navigation and Action Launcher working just fine!

I am using Nova and Android Q gestures. I do call the app drawer by double-tapping the home screen.

From what I read from that piece it looks like it's set for Beta 5, which should be launching in the coming days.

"We examined the SystemUI APK from Q beta 5 and confirmed that the NavigationModeController class has added a method to disable gesture controls when the default launcher is switched to a non-system app."

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I am using Nova and Android Q gestures. I do call the app drawer by double-tapping the home screen.

Now I'm running beta 5 and my Nova Launcher is working just like it did before. The gestures work and I've set Nova for a double-tap to call the App Drawer.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
It is pretty unusable now. Can't keep changing it back every 5 minutes. And it is that bad on my phone.
I see what you mean now. It keep reverting back to Pixel Launcher within a few minutes of selecting Action Launcher. Pretty irritating..

It didn't start happening till after I did a restart this morning.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I see what you mean now. It keep reverting back to Pixel Launcher within a few minutes of selecting Action Launcher. Pretty irritating..

It didn't start happening till after I did a restart this morning.
I think they are completely blocking gestures in beta 6 so this halfway turning the buttons back on thing is probably designed to irritate us enough to stay with PL.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I know it's not the stock gestures but Vivid N.G. works really well with beta 5. Very much like OnePlus gestures and it's working great with Nova.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22