Recent app lag with third party launchers ever since 10 update

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Those usually were the culprits developer animations or reduced animations in settings, since you tried those I would suggest safe mode but it would defeat the purpose because it turns 3rd party apps off . Its most likely a app causing this but you would have to play around with that .

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Mine is lagging on the recent apps consistently again. It does do it on stock launcher as well. I just think I wasn't testing it long enough before but I was able to recreate the issue on the stock launcher last night. It's even happening when I have 3 apps open sometimes. A $1000 phone should not be operating this way. It has 8gb of RAM, there is no way it should be having trouble with anything I throw at it. This is clearly some kind of bug with either One UI or 10.

It's not the hardware. Could just be a Android 10 bug that they'll fix with an update. I haven't had the issue since turning off developer options, clearing cache; and doing a restart.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It's not the hardware. Could just be a Android 10 bug that they'll fix with an update. I haven't had the issue since turning off developer options, clearing cache; and doing a restart.
Yeah it's related to 10 I think. I never had the issue on Pie. Mine worked great for a day or two and then went back to the lagging BS.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried running in safe mode? It's possible that it could be an app incompatability with with Android 10. Apps can cause a lot of problems that don't seem to be directly related but interfere with other processes.

Running safe mode could eliminate this as a possibility. It could also help you start to narrow down a difficult issue.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried running in safe mode? It's possible that it could be an app incompatability with with Android 10. Apps can cause a lot of problems that don't seem to be directly related but interfere with other processes.

Running safe mode could eliminate this as a possibility. It could also help you start to narrow down a difficult issue.
I haven't but it really doesn't help much. I might as well just uninstall all of my apps and reinstall them one by one. Way too tedious and I can't afford to lose all of my app data.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
So I noticed the only app that was delaying is the Google messages app. I saw that it had an upgrade which I hadn't done. Hopefully that solves the issue.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Of those who are experiencing similar issues, are you using the Samsung gestures or regular nav bar? I use Samsung gestures but have switched to the nav bar to test and have not had the issue yet. I'm wondering if Samsung gestures somehow have conflict with 10. It would be a shame as I think Samsung gestures are perfect. I don't really like Google gestures since they conflict with side menus.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I could not get the issue to pop up with the nav bar buttons enabled. I prefer Samsung gestures but now it doesn't matter since Good Lock is back. It's so smooth now.

Last edited:

unkellsam

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Yep, Good Lock has been updated to support Android 10. With Good Lock enabled, the recent apps is buttery smooth, no lag whatsoever, even with 20 recent apps.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
No issues at all now. Didn't realize how much I liked Good Lock until now.
It really is amazing. I definitely would have waited to update to 10 if I had known it would break Good Lock. I know for next time. When I got the 10 update, I thought it was just a security update though. I didn't think they'd have 10 out so soon.