Any of you also use a tablet

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Any of you also usr a tablet

I'm spoiled using a tablet at this point. When I'm sitting on the couch or chair, kitchen island, laying in bed, or out in the back porch and I want to relax, visit my favorite sites, read the news on cnn.com or flipboard, check your email now and then or watch some youtube videos and being able move room to room, the iPads the best. Sized and weighted just right for holding and reading one handed as if you're holding a magazine in one hand, and a cup of coffee in the other. And if I don't need to do work when traveling, I take the iPad instead of a laptop.

If I need to be mobile and do more work, then a laptop will do. When I really need sit and do lots more work and need more screen, then a desktop with at least a 22" screen (or two... or three) gets the work done.

Just fills a niche between all the other devices.
Oh no doubt I could use it as such. I just can't justify the cost for it. I can do all those things on my phone without an issue at the moment.

I don't spend hours doing it so the cost ratio is what gets me.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Any Note 8 owners also use a tablet? If so, which one? I was thinking about getting a tablet to complement my Note 8. There are a few locally very reasonably priced.
I use an iPad Air 2 LTE 64GB, I barely use it though as the Note8 is far more versatile, I mainly keep the iPad around to keep an eye on how iOS develops.

Tomys blackbird

Dec 25, 2017
Visit site

I use an Asus Zenpad 3S 10. Pretty good tablet. Does everything I need it to do. Still waiting on that 7.1 update though *looks at ASUS*

JCforsure

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

I've had an Android tablet pretty much since they left the overpriced curiosity stage and entered the mainstream. Right now I'm using an Nvidia Shield tablet, but I admit it's mostly for mobile media consumption. Since getting an S8 it's hard to deal with the comparitively slow speed and the S8 screen, despite the size, is so much sexier.
I have no interest in joining the Apple ecosystem, Nvidia is pretty clearly not going to update it (although I live in sad, sad hope), and it seems hard to justify diving into a new supplier (Samsung seems appropriate but is very pricey to significantly exceed the shield), so I suspect it will simply die off.

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My Samsung Chromebook Plus is my tablet. It runs all the Android apps I need, has a stylus, and a very good full size keyboard.

nicole248

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

I just bought a iPad Pro and I love it. Been using iPads for since they first came out. Tablet for me is very useful, helps me get work done without always dragging MacBook Pro around. So yeah, to each, his/her own.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I just bought a iPad Pro and I love it. Been using iPads for since they first came out. Tablet for me is very useful, helps me get work done without always dragging MacBook Pro around. So yeah, to each, his/her own.
My carrier Tmobile has a good selectioon of iPads but they lack in Samsung tablets. Kind of debating here.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Given away my tablets (including a $500 Samsung) and multiple kindles. However, I have a Galaxy Book 12 LTE and use occasionally as a tablet. Have the S8+ but I'm scheming on getting the Note 8.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Do you have any issues going between the IPad and the Samsung phone. I might go with an IPad since I can get it thru my carrier interest free

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andi24