Anyone else returned their LG G3 and regetted it?

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

Is it really user error? I didn't do anything to my phone to cause those issues. So how us it my fault?

And how do you explain benchmark scores? The G3 scored quite a bit lower on those.

Take the benchmark scores with a grain of salt... Those are not very accurate.

Posted via the Android Central App

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site

I went to AT&T and test out the G3, M8 and SG5 and I know I picked the best one. As far as specs go the G3 has more of the best specs out of the three phones I was looking at. I don't feel I missed out on another phone simply because one has SAMOLED or dual speakers, in fact the G3 sounded the same if not louder than the M8. I did wait the 14 days to root my phone but once that was over and there was no major flaws I rooted it and started tinkering. I was actually happy with my LG NITRO for 3 years but since the government is making it a LAW in 2015 that we can NOT root our devices then I figured to get the best of 2014.

You sure you didnt get unlocking and root mix up?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

I was thinking that maybe an update would fix some if the "unstable" qualities that the G3 has. It's a great device, and none are perfect. I just wish it was a little more fluid and snappier at times. My OPO should be here Tuesday so the plan is to try it out for a few days and decide then.

Posted via Android Central App

garymontague

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Man i had no problems at all with my g3!

Benchmarks are mostly fake anyway! I do benchmarks like antutu but it doesnt really matter to me since its a fact compagnys like Samsung cheat on those!

Ive got a opo aswell and i could say its abit quicker but its nog even that noticeable!

Batterylife was is good on the g3 could easely et 6h screen on although my opo had a slightly beter batterylife.

The difference between FHD and QHD is noticeable aswell. Its not that i really care about it, but you van clearly see a difference!

And updates are good on te g3. Ive had 3 in total within a month! Updates like 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 are not needed at all so i really dont care about those!

Posted via my 1+ or the G3.
A bit off topic but which phone do you prefer the G3 or the OPO?

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

Yep. You blew it big time, dude. ;)
But seriously folks, I don't see anything on the market now, including the upcoming GN4, that works on so many levels as the LG G3.
Any perceived problems have been debunked as user error, bad SD cards, imagination or downright delusional and now that it has been out for a bit, nearly everyone sees it as a fantastic device..

Well said. I agree, especially about those who complain about lag. Nonsense. This phone has ZERO lag. The people complaining about it are either just so bent on finding something to dislike about the phone that they are making things up, or they have an app installed that isn't playing nice. Either way it's not the phone. It's fast and smooth..

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
A bit off topic but which phone do you prefer the G3 or the OPO?

Depend on your needs tho.

I gave my g3 to my fiance and kept the opo for myself. Performance is abit beter on the opo compared tot most other phones.

The g3 looks abit better from the front, but the opo looks beter from behind.

I love te accesery (dont know the right word for it) of the opo like the bambo battery door. I just prefer tot change things, because i get bored really easy for some reason.

The battery usage is around the same i gues, maybe slightly better on the opo.

The opo is close tot stock which i dont really like, but this is also personal.

Btw. If u see some misspelling its probably duo autocorrect. Cant be bothered to change everything xD

Last edited:

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Well said. I agree, especially about those who complain about lag. Nonsense. This phone has ZERO lag. The people complaining about it are either just so bent on finding something to dislike about the phone that they are making things up, or they have an app installed that isn't playing nice. Either way it's not the phone. It's fast and smooth..

It does lag from time to time. But its not freezing or what so ever.

For example when i close my app and go to the homescreen, than i want to close all the "open" apps right after i used some apps. Than sometimes it shows there are none "open apps" but when i try 2 sec later there are... This is lag!

But NoT really such a big deal for me

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Depend on your needs tho.

I gave my g3 to my fiance and kept the opo for myself. Performance is abit beter on the opo compared tot most other phones.

The g3 looks abit better from the front, but the opo looks beter from behind.

I love te accesery (dont know the right word for it) of the opo like the bambo battery door. I just prefer tot change things, because i get bored really easy for some reason.

The battery usage is around the same i gues, maybe slightly better on the opo.

The opo is close tot stock which i dont really like, but this is also personal.

Btw. If u see some misspelling its probably duo to autocorrect. Cant be bothered to change everything xD

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

LG has two weeks to get 4.4.4 out to us or I bail.

Go into your system files and find the file that lists your build version.. Change 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 and reboot.

Because for the G3, that's all you'd get with 4.4.4... Those two releases were for a couple of Moto and Nexus specific bugs, and a security bug that LG already included with their current 4.4.2 release.

Yes, LG could be quicker, but anyone rattling their sabers over not having 444 needs to read up a little. Fact is that several models have got updates, all 4.4.2 still, since release. And these updates are as much their carrier's as LG 's responsibility.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

. Than sometimes it shows there are none "open apps" but when i try 2 sec later there are... This is lag!

Actually, I think it's a bug in the recents menu, not lagging software. Haven't figured out what is causing it yet.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Actually, I think it's a bug in the recents menu, not lagging software. Haven't figured out what is causing it yet.

Ive had it before my updates aswell. But some1 was saying it doesnt lag atall when it actually does a little. Those little hiccups. Nothing really bad tho, but its noticeable.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Ive had it before my updates aswell. But some1 was saying it doesnt lag atall when it actually does a little. Those little hiccups. Nothing really bad tho, but its noticeable.

It's also the home screen redraws. Going from person to person in the messaging app. Closing the Messaging app. Switching from dialer to contacts or call logs. There are more but I'm too tired to list em all.

Besides, it's not really lag on mine....it's more like micro stuttering. It's annoying. My One M7 is 10 times smoother with much less specs. I love my G3 but the stutter is making me want to pull my pud with a pair of vice grips.....

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I have both the M8 and G3 and the only thing i see better on the G3 is the camera. The M8 out performs the G3 with everything else hands down

afmracer6

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

I returned mine. Went back to the g2. I couldn't be happier. The screen is awesome. The battery is awesome. It never gets hot. I bought one on clist for $180. I don't miss the g3

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

I agree 100 percent. This is a fantastic device and as much as I wanted the Galaxy S5 to be a better phone than the G3 it just isn't. I even tried the M8 for awhile and I liked that phone other than the camera being garbage and that is a deal breaker. I can't find one flaw in the G3. No lag what so ever, beautiful display, smooth. Just a total package phone. Sometimes ppl spend too much time in forums reading about the tiny percentage of phones that actually have something wrong with them. And besides, if your schedule is so tight that a nanosecond of lag is going to throw your day out of whack, you really need to loosen up your schedule.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

As far as updates are concerned, there have been a few OS updates for the G3 which I hear fix some bugs and have performance improvements, but unfortunately here in the US, the carriers haven't released any of those updates to us yet.

Being as the Euro versions have been getting updates, I think maybe 3 by now? We know LG is working on the OS, but we just have to wait longer to get them on this side of the pond.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

So, here's thing. I ended up returning the G3 today because I honestly didn't like that it got warm or a bit got when playing games and that there was a bit of lag on the interface. I also didn't like that in benchmarks it seemed to score rather poorly. I don't think a not really noticeable 2K screen is worth it if it causes decreased performance. Also, battery life seemed ok, not amazing.

But now I'm wondering if I maybe was too hasty with my return. How much do benchmarks even matter? Maybe things would have improved with time. Honestly, I'm mad at LG that they made such a nice phone that I'm beginning to think to put up with these personally shortcomings, haha.

I then thought of getting a M8 because it supposed to have better performance and battery, but that camera makes me iffy. Though I don't really take many photos.

Also doesn't help that every reviewer seems to really live the G3.

I don't know, what do you guys think? Give it another shot?

My question to you is how on earth can you have spent enough time on this site to have 700+ posts and still think there is any meaning whatsoever to benchmark scores?

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

No blame or fault was intended or implied.
My comments are a blanket statement of a myriad of problems, real or perceived, that I have seen noted and mentioned since release.
Personally, I don't buy or judge a phone with benchmarks. This one is the only device that I have ever run the tests on and it does not change my opinion of it.
Again just my deranged ramblings.
Everyone should hopefully be happy with whatever device they have.
It would be a boring world if we all were the same. :)

Mav. :cool:

Sent on my Sprint LG G3 using A.I.

LOL how many phones do you have??

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

I agree 100 percent. This is a fantastic device and as much as I wanted the Galaxy S5 to be a better phone than the G3 it just isn't. I even tried the M8 for awhile and I liked that phone other than the camera being garbage and that is a deal breaker. I can't find one flaw in the G3. No lag what so ever, beautiful display, smooth. Just a total package phone. Sometimes ppl spend too much time in forums reading about the tiny percentage of phones that actually have something wrong with them. And besides, if your schedule is so tight that a nanosecond of lag is going to throw your day out of whack, you really need to loosen up your schedule.

Excuse me?

I've been around these parts a lot longer than you. I also have owned probably twice the amounts of phones than you. So I do know what I'm talking about. If you don't know the difference between lag and micro stuttering, I suggest you get on Google and do a search and read the definitions. I would do it for you, but my "schedule" is too tight.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

I returned mine. Went back to the g2. I couldn't be happier. The screen is awesome. The battery is awesome. It never gets hot. I bought one on clist for $180. I don't miss the g3

Loved the G2. It was so smooth like buttery goodness! I'm not regretting my decision though because I'm sure an update will take care of the problems mentioned and if not, well, the G3 will become a hand me down! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201