Anyone else returned their LG G3 and regetted it?

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

Hello,
Does someone can tell me is this screen ok? Lg g3 iz on the right, next to lg g2 on the left. I'm thinking of that bottom light.
2d43e3ef4687dc25c9bdb29712ab8026.jpg

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

It's fine. Even though the screens are made by LG, they are different LCD panels. The G3 uses a warmer color palette to use a more natural color scheme than on the G2.
I asked about that bottom 'bleed'. But thanks, you calmed me down.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

I asked about that bottom 'bleed'. But thanks, you calmed me down.

I'm not sure what the problem is. It seems you're looking to find an issue. If the phone looks and works fine under normal conditions, why are downloading apps and putting the phone in abnormal environments (dark rooms) to find a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I'm not sure what the problem is. It seems you're looking to find an issue. If the phone looks and works fine under normal conditions, why are downloading apps and putting the phone in abnormal environments (dark rooms) to find a problem.

I think some people do look for issues in devices. They don't take the time and just enjoy the phone. I'm guilty of that sometimes. I get a phone then I start going on forums and looking at the issues people have....even though I never have the issues they have lol...but I start not enjoying the phone and forgetting the reasons that made me get it in the first place. So then I end up returning it and getting something else. And I start The cycle over again. I had to learn to enjoy my phone and not over analyzing problems I read or what others have posted about the device. With that said....I'm loving and enjoying my G3 more than I did with the One M8 and S5.

Posted via my LG G3

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

I think some people do look for issues in devices. They don't take the time and just enjoy the phone. I'm guilty of that sometimes. I get a phone then I start going on forums and looking at the issues people have....even though I never have the issues they have lol...but I start not enjoying the phone and forgetting the reasons that made me get it in the first place. So then I end up returning it and getting something else. And I start The cycle over again. I had to learn to enjoy my phone and not over analyzing problems I read or what others have posted about the device. With that said....I'm loving and enjoying my G3 more than I did with the One M8 and S5.

Posted via my LG G3
That's exactly what I am doing all over again... First thing I download is screen test, and I look for bleeds and dead pixels... I'm doing it because I had 3 N5's with dead pixels...
But need to stop doing this.

snmaggie

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

I am new to Android Forums so I hope to use correct etiquette. I just got my LG G3 several days ago and the Voice Command is simply not working. See description below - has anyone else experienced these issues or do I have a glitchy phone that has to be exchanged (and then spend hours and hours setting it up again)?

It doesn't work with my Bluetooth Car Speakerphone at all - it simply says "Command Not Recognized. Say a Command" over and over again. When I use it with just the phone it doesn't understand "Send Text _____," and responds with "Did you say 'Call'?" Can't get it to recognize "Send Text." It is maddening. I got it to work once out of 10 tries.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

Well, for my 2p worth - I got a G3 a few weeks ago - and I came, after much deliberation, from Blackberry. I couldn't be happier with it.

I agree. tho', it does warm-up quite a bit when gaming on my commute to work, but nothing that unduly worries me. The Blackberry Z30 (which, incidentally, is a brilliant phone IMHO) never got that warm, but, then, it was thicker and quite a bit more premium feeling than the G3, so any heat was unlikely to make it's way so easily to my hand...

Overall the G3 is great - the battery is decent (I get 10-12 hours heavy usage and carry a spare battery), the interface is excellent and it's speedy. Not interested in benchmarks, other my own.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

Go into your system files and find the file that lists your build version.. Change 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 and reboot.

Because for the G3, that's all you'd get with 4.4.4... Those two releases were for a couple of Moto and Nexus specific bugs, and a security bug that LG already included with their current 4.4.2 release.

Yes, LG could be quicker, but anyone rattling their sabers over not having 444 needs to read up a little. Fact is that several models have got updates, all 4.4.2 still, since release. And these updates are as much their carrier's as LG 's responsibility.

Agreed. Misplaced concern with the phone lies with carrier bloat. Which I had halfway forgotten about after owning the N4. And switching to ART, switched back and even though browsing homescreen and apps isn't all the battery. Music playback is better.

Posted via Android Central App

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

So, here's thing. I ended up returning the G3 today because I honestly didn't like that it got warm or a bit got when playing games and that there was a bit of lag on the interface. I also didn't like that in benchmarks it seemed to score rather poorly. I don't think a not really noticeable 2K screen is worth it if it causes decreased performance. Also, battery life seemed ok, not amazing.

But now I'm wondering if I maybe was too hasty with my return. How much do benchmarks even matter? Maybe things would have improved with time. Honestly, I'm mad at LG that they made such a nice phone that I'm beginning to think to put up with these personally shortcomings, haha.

I then thought of getting a M8 because it supposed to have better performance and battery, but that camera makes me iffy. Though I don't really take many photos.

Also doesn't help that every reviewer seems to really live the G3.

I don't know, what do you guys think? Give it another shot?

Benchmarks mean nothing anymore. All they are used for is a "mine is bigger comparison" The getting warm seems to be a common theme so don't think that will be fixed, the lag could potentially be fixed with a future update. It all is up to you though. I think for now, the g3 is ahead of its time with the 2k screen and I am sure next year when more 2k devices are out there will be more content taking advantage of the screen and also the screens and processors will be improved as to not heat up so quickly and cause a performance decrease.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Yep. You blew it big time, dude. ;)
But seriously folks, I don't see anything on the market now, including the upcoming GN4, that works on so many levels as the LG G3.
Any perceived problems have been debunked as user error, bad SD cards, imagination or downright delusional and now that it has been out for a bit, nearly everyone sees it as a fantastic device.
LG will sell 10 million units and, while not Samsung numbers, is a very good number.
I see LG as a rising Number 2 behind Samsung as I believe they have peaked and have nowhere else to go.

Anyway, that is my $.02 and we now return you to your regularly scheduled life. :)

Mav. :cool:

P.S. Yes. Give it another go.

Sent on my Sprint LG G3 using A.I.

Over heating and lag aren't user error lol. Yes the g3 is a good phone, but it seems the note will improve upon the specs that lg put in the g3 to fix any issues the g3 had (but may be newly introduced with touchwiz). It is good to see LG continue to churn out good devices, hopefully the g4 will improve on the g3 and get rid of any "weak areas" the g3 had.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Your government is srsly doing that? What are they afraid of? People using orbot with superuser?

Lovely rights you guys have in America xD

Posted via my 1+ or the G3.

I went to AT&T and test out the G3, M8 and SG5 and I know I picked the best one. As far as specs go the G3 has more of the best specs out of the three phones I was looking at. I don't feel I missed out on another phone simply because one has SAMOLED or dual speakers, in fact the G3 sounded the same if not louder than the M8. I did wait the 14 days to root my phone but once that was over and there was no major flaws I rooted it and started tinkering. I was actually happy with my LG NITRO for 3 years but since the government is making it a LAW in 2015 that we can NOT root our devices then I figured to get the best of 2014.

The government isn't making rooting illegal...

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Ive had it before my updates aswell. But some1 was saying it doesnt lag atall when it actually does a little. Those little hiccups. Nothing really bad tho, but its noticeable.

Yeah... T-Mobile is still at 10c... not sure what the hold up is... maybe there's some certification they need to get through for the Wi-Fi Calling stuff (which is pretty wrapped into the core, so it's not just a apk install). I don't rely on Recents all the heavily, so it's been more of an occasional nuisance rather than major aggravation.

But I've seen some hiccups at spots.... and it's not quite the speedy, responsive roadrunner my Nexus 5 was.... but overall, those little software gurgles pale in comparison with the rest of the phone. It might have some stutters in spots, but it is still a blazing fast phone. The camera is awesome, I've had nothing but good things to say about the radios/call quality and I'm not aggravated by the speaker (it's LOUD).... In terms of heat, it bounces from 78 to 95 without getting really any higher (again, YMMV)... no issues there. But some others aren't so lucky...

The way I figure it.... it's a new phone, new hardware, newly overhauled software load-out.... I would expect some issues to be honest. I've been in the software industry for far too long a time and I know how things work....It's ruled by suits and marketing people and the engineering teams typically get overruled. Now, if the engineers controled the lifecycles, things would NEVER get released, so it's all a matter of compromise. I've typically picked up a camera a few months into a release mostly to avoid the issues that pop up on launch. I mean, when it launched, the Nexus 5's camera was a mess and Google did a good job of addressing them, but it took a little bit of time.

So even with the few blips that I've seen and run into, my G3 is an incredible phone... stunning.... it's still fast, extremely functional and a amazing piece of packaging to get all that technology in a tiny space. It might sound silly but considering the power and functionality of this thing, it SEEMS so small, thin and light....

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Seems like some have their entire self worth and being wrapped up in this phone. The overheating issue is a fact no matter how hard some click their ruby slippers together. To suggest that this "overheating/shutdown" is normal phone behavior is just silly.

Over heating and lag aren't user error lol. Yes the g3 is a good phone, but it seems the note will improve upon the specs that lg put in the g3 to fix any issues the g3 had (but may be newly introduced with touchwiz). It is good to see LG continue to churn out good devices, hopefully the g4 will improve on the g3 and get rid of any "weak areas" the g3 had.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Seems like some have their entire self worth and being wrapped up in this phone. The overheating issue is a fact no matter how hard some click their ruby slippers together. To suggest that this "overheating/shutdown" is normal phone behavior is just silly.

My g3 never had any overeating issues. So talk about your g3, because mine is in good conditions.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Agree. Some things may in fact be user error, but over heating isn't. It seems this behavior happens for every new phone. There's always those with no issues and can't understand how others are having issues.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

My g3 never had any overeating issues. So talk about your g3, because mine is in good conditions.

Mine is cool too. My Evo LTE and my HTC One easily ran 20 degrees hotter

Posted via Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

. To suggest that this "overheating/shutdown" is normal phone behavior is just silly.

Well, people often don't want to admit issues because they take it to mean they picked the wrong phone.

Granted, there are ways to cause overheating issues that are ID-10-T errors, like cranking 4k videos at full brightness in the mid-day sun, but a lot of people are getting warnings during relatively normal situations.... But others don't...

Just because I haven't had a fault doesn't mean they don't exist.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

So, I'm thinking of picking the G3 back up. I didn't really give it a good yeast run (only 2 days) and I do miss the phone. But maybe I should wait a few days and see how good the Moto X+1 and Note 4 are? Heck, maybe even see what the iphone 6 is like?

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

So, I'm thinking of picking the G3 back up. I didn't really give it a good yeast run (only 2 days) and I do miss the phone. But maybe I should wait a few days and see how good the Moto X+1 and Note 4 are? Heck, maybe even see what the iphone 6 is like?

Seems to me that no matter what you get, you aren't going to be happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201