Anyone get the updated Android Messages App with Web support?

Shadow Lynx

Jun 25, 2018
Visit site
After trying Android Messages out for a week or so, I've uninstalled it and gone back to Pulse. Pulse does a far better job at keeping things in sync and it's never lost connection (because it does things differently in that department). Very rarely I've had delays in the sync, but so infrequent I can't complain. The developer is incredibly responsive. It's not free, but totally worth it.

He created a great page that compares Android Messages to Pulse:
https://messenger.klinkerapps.com/android_messages.html

I have no affiliation with him, but I've just come to realize he's really made a great product.

Here's the main site:
https://messenger.klinkerapps.com/overview/

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
After trying Android Messages out for a week or so, I've uninstalled it and gone back to Pulse. Pulse does a far better job at keeping things in sync and it's never lost connection (because it does things differently in that department). Very rarely I've had delays in the sync, but so infrequent I can't complain. The developer is incredibly responsive. It's not free, but totally worth it.

He created a great page that compares Android Messages to Pulse:
https://messenger.klinkerapps.com/android_messages.html

I have no affiliation with him, but I've just come to realize he's really made a great product.

Here's the main site:
https://messenger.klinkerapps.com/overview/

TBH I looked into this simply because of your post. I am a heavy Textra user but I wouldn't mind desktop syncing. After looking at reviews, his pricing, and such -- I downloaded it and am using Pulse now. I never thought I would swap lol.

Been using it for an hour or two now. So far so good. Texting people from my work PC without an issue.

Shadow Lynx

Jun 25, 2018
Visit site
I tried a bunch of them when I first started looking into this. I came from Windows Phone (I still miss it, honestly, but don't hate me for saying it!) and it had Cortana and Skype integration that made PC/Phone SMS pretty easy, although hardly perfect.

I settled on PushBullet at first, and it is actually really good, but unfortunately it was expensive (5x as much as Pulse!) Sure, there's a free version, but it only allows 100 messages a month, which means it's good enough to try out but if you really want to use it, you have to pay.

Pulse really has been good so far. Assuming the developer, Luke, keeps working on it then people will keep up their subscriptions, and he will keep working on it and... You see how this goes. :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Pulse really has been good so far. Assuming the developer, Luke, keeps working on it then people will keep up their subscriptions, and he will keep working on it and... You see how this goes.

Yeah I have faith he will. He has already made it for so many platforms versus just Android (tablets, Android Wear, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) so I believe it will stay around. I sure hope it does. I am kind of hooked and plan to show my buddy when I get off work because I know he is going to fall in love as well lol.

Shadow Lynx

Jun 25, 2018
Visit site
I might have to talk to Luke about setting up a nice Multi-level Marketing operation so I can start to reap some benefits for singing his praises. ;)

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll keep tucking all this info into my OneNote in case I ever need it. The only texting app I've ever used is Google Messages and I've yet to have any problems with it. The new Android phone to Google Chrome link is so far working flawlessly for me. And the price is right!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll keep tucking all this info into my OneNote in case I ever need it. The only texting app I've ever used is Google Messages and I've yet to have any problems with it. The new Android phone to Google Chrome link is so far working flawlessly for me. And the price is right!

Well it more so isn't a problem. I didn't have a problem with others but being able to text from a website at work and then a Windows app at home is pretty nice. Not to mention it syncs easily across all these and in addition to that backs it all up. I am also a fan of the scheduled text (used that w/ Textra) for certain things.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I might have to talk to Luke about setting up a nice Multi-level Marketing operation so I can start to reap some benefits for singing his praises. ;)

You might want to get that going ...

I've tried a number of messaging apps over the years and settled in on Google about a year ago. I never even looked at Pulse, til you brought it up in your post. I think I'll give it a go for a week. Features look pretty attractive, but we'll see how things feel after the trial run.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

I've tried a number of messaging apps over the years and settled in on Google about a year ago. I never even looked at Pulse, til you brought it up in your post. I think I'll give it a go for a week. Features look pretty attractive, but we'll see how things feel after the trial run.
Inused Pulse for a while. I even paid for the lifetime upgrade. Until I had 2 issues. 1. It wasn't syncing texts from the laptop to the phone. When I was getting codes to set up apps (namely NatWest Bank app) they never came through. I would have to login to android messages to get the code and switxh back to pulse. It was happening too often I had to give it up. Am happy using textto.io and I paid for the upgrade at good level.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm loving it so far. Texting at work via the website... And now texting at home via the Windows app without having to grab my phone every time... Huge game changer for me :). My buddy feels the same now and is using it as well.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm loving it so far. Texting at work via the website... And now texting at home via the Windows app without having to grab my phone every time... Huge game changer for me :). My buddy feels the same now and is using it as well.

Ran it though some basic paces .. Real solid message app .. Is what a messaging app should be.

How one guy can get something like this right... Google should take notes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear