Anyone return their Triumph and go back to the Optimus V?

bombaw8

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
yea it still says the same thing after reboot. what was the point of this?

turning off/on airplane mode, change back/forth between cdma auto prl mode via program menu or app, hitting the VM Activate app, taking the battery out of phone for 5 minutes... they all did the same thing, which is force you to disconnect/reconnect to the wireless/data network and/or reboot.

on the OV all you need to do to resolve the 50% TWS was to turn on/off airplane mode. anything else is unnecessary. none of those crap worked on the T as far as i have tried. my TWS was always in the 80s or 90s. but really i don't think it was causing any real problem so it'd probably be better just leave it alone and wait for a custom rom.

task killers are great tools if you know what you are doing, calling all task killers harmful is like calling all screw drivers assault weapons.

If used correctly, juice defenders and the like should help most people but to different degrees of course. People who use a lot of background data (facebook sync, pull mail) will benefit the most. They would delay but would not prevent you from receiving email. They will not change how you receive text messages or phone calls in any way. It will have the lest impact if your phone is on most of the time.

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
yea it still says the same thing after reboot. what was the point of this?
My bad, i wasn't quite clear on all of this, and this is NOT supposed to be the same as dialing " *#*#4636*#*# ":

1. download the app "network" from phillipe mangelow
2. Open the app
3. If it says "cdma auto (prl)" (which is supposedly a visual glitch), then switch it to "cdma only", you should see a 1x pop up instead of the 3g sign (no need to press home after)
4. Now press the "cdma auto (prl)" option, you should see the 3g icon come back up.
5. press home to exit the app
6. reboot your phone
7. after rebooting your phone, do NOT open the app again, and wait a few minutes and then check the status of the "cell standby," hopefully the TWS is low to nothing.

Like I said, this worked for some people with the Evo, I have no idea why. This app seem to make the cdma auto stick , while *#*#4636*#*# didn't stick after a reboot.

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
running the activate apk helped it seems. was getting 98+% TWS to ~70% TWS. an improvement i guess lol but 70% is still terrible

Phaise

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Had mine a day before the official release, had it for about a week and a half and returned. The GPS is garbage, I can't get even decent reception unless I'm outdoors, the optimus v just works, and although I liked the size and feel of the triumph, it simply did not

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, sorry to say, but I returned my third Triumph and gave up. I'm running 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) on my Optimus V and it runs amazingly smooth and well. The only thing I'll miss about the Triumph is the larger screen, but even that wasn't responsive sometimes. The blue tint was driving me crazy, and the back button would stop working randomly. All 3 phone's screens would flicker randomly, and I got a ton of force closes. I also saw pretty much NO interest in rom development for the phone, so I just decided to go back to the Optimus, and I'm glad I did. I'll wait on something better in the future to upgrade on, but needless to say, I was very disappointed with the Huawei, er Motorola Triumph...

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, sorry to say, but I returned my third Triumph and gave up. I'm running 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) on my Optimus V and it runs amazingly smooth and well. The only thing I'll miss about the Triumph is the larger screen, but even that wasn't responsive sometimes. The blue tint was driving me crazy, and the back button would stop working randomly. All 3 phone's screens would flicker randomly, and I got a ton of force closes. I also saw pretty much NO interest in rom development for the phone, so I just decided to go back to the Optimus, and I'm glad I did. I'll wait on something better in the future to upgrade on, but needless to say, I was very disappointed with the Huawei, er Motorola Triumph...
too bad man, I'll count you guys both.

mase123987

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I plan on returning the phone this weekend when I have a day off. I bought this phone a few days ago and really like most things about it. The screen size makes it a lot easier to surf the web like it should be used. The phone is really quick doing almost everything compared to the Optimus. I also havent had and problems with the screen flickering or gps taking a lomg time. Unfortunately my only big complaint with the phone is the reception. On a daily basis I stream pandora or tunein radio while driving. This Triumph takes longer to get songs from pandora and buffers way too much with tunein radio (optimus never stopped to buffer). I have also NEVER seen four bars and rarely have seen three with this phone. The one thing that every phone needs to be good at, reception, the Triumph sucks at. Hopefully the Optimus Black has at least the much going for it.

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah man, sorry! Hopefully I'm proven wrong and Motorola or other developers fix the problems that exist. I was on the bandwagon for so long too! Lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
I too have noticed there seems to be a lack of development for the MT as of now. I think many of the issues people are experiencing could be fixed by a good dev, like how the devs fixed many of the issues with the OV (like the slow charging bug, or the tws bug). I want a rom to flash!!!

jmt7les

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
While the Moto is unsurprisingly bad (considering their track record with mobiles), I don't see any improvement in the Optimus Black feature-wise. The cpu is the same, they need a dual core cpu phone already! The screen will probably be better than the Triumph, and I'm sure the build quality will be better, but that all only makes it the phone that the Triumph was supposed to be in the first place, so... what's the point?

pre

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
While the Moto is unsurprisingly bad (considering their track record with mobiles), I don't see any improvement in the Optimus Black feature-wise. The cpu is the same, they need a dual core cpu phone already! The screen will probably be better than the Triumph, and I'm sure the build quality will be better, but that all only makes it the phone that the Triumph was supposed to be in the first place, so... what's the point?

Just quoting reviews, but the screen on the OB is supposedly much better than anything VMUSA has right now. The OB also features the 2MP front camera

Frankly, given how disappointed I am/was with my Triumphs, I wouldn't mind thinking of the Optimus Black as the Triumph v2.0, as long as the connectivity issues are resolved.

With shame (or rather, Motorola and VMUSA should be shamed), I, too, had three (3!) malfunctioning Triumphs. I only had the blue tint with one, but all three had horrible connectivity. Without WiFi, I had no phone or data at the three most important locations I frequent (home, work, gym), so for intents and purposes, I had an overpriced ~$225 media player. I bought the first two from Best Buy, then got VMUSA to send me a factory replacement (refurbished or new, I have no idea), but have returned all three and went back to my Optimus V.

I run some intensive apps (Pure News x 2 and Pure Calendar) on my OV, so it's not as smooth and snappy as I would like, but with a decent data/phone connection, it outperforms the Triumph by leaps and bounds. Nonetheless, I loved the large screen on the Triumphs *sigh*

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I and 7 of my close friends tried the MT we bought ours within the same week but from different sources. Some of us had similar issues and some had unique issues. We all decided to do a system of returns each a day after the other so we could see what we would get. We each returned our phones 5 times before giving up on actually trying to get a functional unit. The best two we got were fully working but had the green hue in the camera out of 35 units. Buying the MT is like searching for the polished turd in a vast field of manure and then paying $300 for that awesome polished turd. I am sticking with my OV till the OB.

doctadunk

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
im not going back it would be a downgrade imo. mine works fine no gps/screen flickering, camera, color problems .i did buy a few days ago at a radio shack.

the optimus v was fine but i couldnt really even play any good games on that, even doodle jump would lag on me. Netflix had audio sync issues and the triumph works great.