Anyone return their Triumph and go back to the Optimus V?

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Kind of glad I didn't jump on board with phone but its sad to see no dev for it and so many people returning it because of its issues. I had hoped it would be my next phone but looks like I am still waiting on that.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
While the Moto is unsurprisingly bad (considering their track record with mobiles), I don't see any improvement in the Optimus Black feature-wise. The cpu is the same, they need a dual core cpu phone already! The screen will probably be better than the Triumph, and I'm sure the build quality will be better, but that all only makes it the phone that the Triumph was supposed to be in the first place, so... what's the point?

No the cpu is a 1000 MHz vs the optimus V which only has a 600 MHz unless you are referring that they are both single core cpu, it has a bigger screen and also thinner then the current model. It dose support flash in the web browser its has a 5megapixe camera with flash and a 2 megapixel front facing camera. Seeing that it also runs froyo 2.2 and is in the same family as the optimus V I would say porting ROMs over would be pretty easy. The biggest gripe I have read is about the case the phone is in, they say it feels a little platicy.

So with all that added I would says its a pretty decent upgrade

I don't think we will get anything with a dual core anytime soon but as fast as phones change who knows.

aj888

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
So after 4 triumphs im returning for good this time. first one had deal pixel 2 wouldnt charge one the OEM charger 3 missing the ear speaker how did that happen and 4 last one the right side of the body is all wavie like a kid put the two halfs together. I wish i could keep it i love the phone. I wanted to like it like everyone else. maybe this will get fixed with another set of them. But they are all from the same bestbuy. They should really look into there stock.:'(

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I went back to my Optimus for a short time but then missed the size of the Triumph... LOL. Surprisingly enough, this one is FAR better than the one I brought back, so I'm very happy. Little to no issue at all with it!

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk

aj888

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
ya mine is on my dresser. i am using my OV and i just rooted it yesterday. Its ok i clocked it at 729 so it plays angry birds a lot better. I just want them to get the optimus black already. Then i would get that.

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I went back to my Optimus for a short time but then missed the size of the Triumph... LOL. Surprisingly enough, this one is FAR better than the one I brought back, so I'm very happy. Little to no issue at all with it!

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk
Sweet! Good to have you back on board. My gf got my optimus, is a good phone, I still mess with it for her, but I couldn't go back.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i got a hands on with it today at a Best Buy Mobile and as soon as some kind of gingerbread rom is out. im getting it. im really tempted to get it as is, but i cannot for the life of me, stand froyo...

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
i got a hands on with it today at a Best Buy Mobile and as soon as some kind of gingerbread rom is out. im getting it. im really tempted to get it as is, but i cannot for the life of me, stand froyo...

you should have bought it today. wasn't it the last day of the 30% off sale?

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it has a Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 1ghz and Adreno 205 GPU, same as much more expensive android phones costing around twice as much as the MT, like the HTC Thunderbolt, Sony Xperia play and the Galaxy S, HTC Desire HD, etc.

Ok thanks. Sounds great, didnt think it had a gpu. If only i can get my hands on some cash...

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
you should have bought it today. wasn't it the last day of the 30% off sale?

they salespeople were very specifically adamant that the 30% off did not apply to the Triumph or other prepaid android phones. I thought that sounded weird but i didnt have enough cash to actually get it either way. goal was to get a hands on, not buy

pre

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Kind of glad I didn't jump on board with phone but its sad to see no dev for it and so many people returning it because of its issues. I had hoped it would be my next phone but looks like I am still waiting on that.
I would have loved transitioning from the Optimus to the Triumph, but it really is unfortunate all the issues the Triumph suffers from, or at least, quite a number of them suffer...

It's not surprising there are few developers, seeing it's relatively buggy, a carrier-specific device, and expensive (approaching $300 up front).

FybrOptx

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I went back to my OV. The OV was performing leaps and bounds better than the MT as a phone and mobile data where I'm at (Montgomery, AL) and I was on my 2nd MT. The 2nd one performed worse than the first. Will give it a go further down the line when the bugs are worked out.

moto_android_mick

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to be critical but the hardware of the MT compared to the OV is like comparing apple's to oranges and with my MT I loved the size, look, and feel of it. But my OV just picks up better signal than the MT. Data is one of the main reasons why we all have a smart phones, right?

I have a new MT coming to me by tomorrow so I will do a swap and if I can get signal that is just as good as my OV then I'm keeping it otherwise I'm going back to my OV and off to Craigslist land MT goes.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk