Anyone Switch to iPhone Max??

srbell67

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Even with the faster FaceID, it's still slower and much more cumbersome than unlocking with a fingerprint sensor.

But I agree with you about the Apple Watch.

I disagree. I find the fingerprint scanner to work well when you place your finger exactly in the right position (don’t miss the bullseye) and when your finger is dry. If it is even a little wet, it doesn’t work.

Face ID works 100% of the time and from different angles too.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Face ID works 100% of the time and from different angles too.

FaceID on the iPhone XS Max still has the same problems as it did on the iPhone X: it still doesn't recognize your face if you're trying to unlock the phone while lying in bed or if you're holding your phone at a weird angle.

The FPS on the Note 9 has always unlocked every time I used it, even when my fingers were damp.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Back on the Max for me.
Now, if I could only sell this 9 before the price hits rock bottom. Maybe already too late. :'(

Can't believe how Samsung prices plummet so fast.

srbell67

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
FaceID on the iPhone XS Max still has the same problems as it did on the iPhone X: it still doesn't recognize your face if you're trying to unlock the phone while lying in bed or if you're holding your phone at a weird angle.

The FPS on the Note 9 has always unlocked every time I used it, even when my fingers were damp.

I completely disagree. Whether or not Face ID has gotten better, but it freaking flies now—-even when lying in bed. I’ve never seen it this accurate. Almost like it learns your face over time.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I am sure there are some that do that -- Just like other products. This "status" thing isn't limited to phones. I wouldn't pay hundreds for 1 pair of shoes but some people sit out there for the new Jordans or w/e they are. Why? The status of having them.

So sure some people do it for a "status" but I don't think that is majority. If anything the majority have just been using iPhone for awhile and it still works for what they want so they buy what they know -- again just like other products.

I am not sure why everyone is acting as if this behavior is only due to phones when it has been around way before we had computers in our pockets :p.
There's definitely a status effect, especially to the younger people who most likely don't even purchase their phones. My 14yr old daughter had a galaxy s5 a couple yrs ago, then she kept asking for an iPhone because her friends had them and it was "so cool". So I got her an iPhone 6s for Christmas, she was so happy and she's been glued to it, talking about how cute the phone is and it's just so perfect and the best looking phone. Fast forward to this month. I got her an iPhone X for her birthday coming up in a couple of weeks. First thing she says is yeah I can't wait to just take it out in front of my friends at school. Then she said the only thing I don't like about it is when the screen is off it looks like a "droid".

I reply, Droid? do you mean a Motorola? she says no android, I said those are different things but anyway. Why are you concerned with your iPhone looking like an Android phone? She says because then people won't know it's an iPhone. This is the mindset of many ppl under 21.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There's definitely a status effect, especially to the younger people who most likely don't even purchase their phones. My 14yr old daughter had a galaxy s5 a couple yrs ago, then she kept asking for an iPhone because her friends had them and it was "so cool". So I got her an iPhone 6s for Christmas, she was so happy and she's been glued to it, talking about how cute the phone is and it's just so perfect and the best looking phone. Fast forward to this month. I got her an iPhone X for her birthday coming up in a couple of weeks. First thing she says is yeah I can't wait to just take it out in front of my friends at school. Then she said the only thing I don't like about it is when the screen is off it looks like a "droid".

I reply, Droid? do you mean a Motorola? she says no android, I said those are different things but anyway. Why are you concerned with your iPhone looking like an Android phone? She says because then people won't know it's an iPhone. This is the mindset of many ppl under 21.

And I never said I disagreed with that so not sure what your point is :p.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I completely disagree. Whether or not Face ID has gotten better, but it freaking flies now—-even when lying in bed. I’ve never seen it this accurate. Almost like it learns your face over time.

I have never experienced this, not on iPhone X or iPhone XS Max. If it's working for you, great.