Anyone Switch to iPhone Max??

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm using Apple USB-C 29W plug and USBC to USBC cables.
Wireless pads are Samsung that I paid ~$50-70. One upright pad uses USB-C cable, both ends.

I got into USBC with a MacBook 2015, and of course various Galaxy devices. Anker 5-port charger with one USBC port.

How did Apple ship XS Max with charging issue if the screen is off?
Are they hoping 12.3 will save the day?

I get the feeling it was a minor screw up. There is a security setting on iPhones that doesn't allow USB accessories to work if the phone has been idle for over a hour. Many think they simply messed up and it is causing the charging issue when it wasn't suppose to.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is that email something other than iCloud?

Ah I talked about it with a buddy-- I assume @recDNA and you may have meant specifically with the "Mail" app on iPhone. Sorry -- I didn't think about that since I don't use that app.

I use Gmail and use the Gmail app -- I get push from that.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Which makes sense because why would you need a sim ejection tool if you bought a phone for the carrier you already are using? Plus too lazy to use a paper clip?

So the Watch which is basically the first product that was developed and produced after he died, that’s not innovative?

It’s outsold every other smart watch to date.

Most Android users can’t understand why us Apple users still choose to use the iPhone even though Lew from unbox therapy tries to enlighten us that their are cheaper phones that have 1080p and higher PPI, blah blah blah.

We don’t care about that, those other phones aren’t running iOS and that’s why we continue to buy iPhones.

That’s not a problem with the OS I mean if you find a mobile OS “boring” then you have larger issues. I never understand this iOS is boring or Android is boring crock I mean we have come so far in the last 10 years what else do you these phones to do?

Finally Lew Lew Lew you are so wrong and just looking for clicks without even doing any real research. He would know that this was a software bug that’s causing this due to Apple trying to protect people’s phones from being brute forced with devices like the gray box and thats already been fixed in the 12.1 update coming out.

But nooo make videos that bash Apple for every little thing while Samsung gets a pass for so many more major issues like randomly sending photos from your gallery to random numbers yeah that’s fine.
Do you truly believe that apple sells so well because of innovation? Like honestly name me the last thing they came up with that was innovative?

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Most Android users can’t understand why us Apple users still choose to use the iPhone even though Lew from unbox therapy tries to enlighten us that their are cheaper phones that have 1080p and higher PPI, blah blah blah.

If you have tried out Android, dun like it and prefer iOS, it's absolutely ok.

My point is many iPhone users did not even try to understand more, use it or even just read up a little about Android latest capability. They are stuck with the mindset that Android is slow, buggy and will take 3 secs to open an app etc. The same like some Android users still think iTunes is the only way to transfer files into iPhone and avoid it.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
If you have tried out Android, dun like it and prefer iOS, it's absolutely ok.

My point is many iPhone users did not even try to understand more, use it or even just read up a little about Android latest capability. They are stuck with the mindset that Android is slow, buggy and will take 3 secs to open an app etc. The same like some Android users still think iTunes is the only way to transfer files into iPhone and avoid it.

I was a major fandroid LOL from 2010 to 2012 and owned 4 Android flagships. I made fun of all my iPhone carrying friends and coworkers giving them major crap. I was pretty bad haha.

Then when the iPhone 5 came out I was like you know I want an iPhone again.

In 2011 I had the thunderbolt and during one of my work conferences in Vegas my thunderbolt would be dead by 4pm. The next year I traded my galaxy nexus for an iPhone 4 and during another work conference my battery lasted all day.

I also was a majorly into flashing roms and kernels on my phones. But once I came back to iOS it was just a breath of fresh air for me and I’ve purchased an iPhone every year since the 5 and I’ve attempted to come back to Android but each time I could only last a couple days.

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
First, Apple didn't invent the smartwatch. Doesn't matter who in apple decided to add it to their lineup of tech. It's not original with Apple. Not innovative.

Second it outsells because apple people don't have choices like Android.

ETA did you know you can find replicas of the 1946 Duck Tracy watch? I always tell older people, that getting a smart watch will make them feel like **** Tracy LOL.

Yep. Only reason I bought an apple watch was Fitbit killing pebble. I much prefer pebble to any current watch.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yep. Only reason I bought an apple watch was Fitbit killing pebble. I much prefer pebble to any current watch.

I wanted a pebble. But since it looked like it was going away, I got the Samsung Gear 2 Neo. Now have the Samsung Gear S3 Classic. Love it. Apple watches look OK though. I have managers that have them.

Gary Clem

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I am not switching, I love my Note 9. Best phone ever, IMHO.
I am envious of the Apple Watch
Anyway, I wondered who is switching to the Max??

I was on the Iphone x,. And hated it, And I have I watch, Fpad pro, And Macbook pro, I wouldn't switch , personaly Ithink Apple is dropping the ball... If you like to have custom Roms etc. stick with Android, Apple you really Can't customize like Android..., I did alot of testing for Apple...of Apple. Nothing but love ... They need to be more like Samsung)pixel): And Ihave Loving the Note q... It's abad ! Just wish I could find a Root Solution, Just to be clear- I don't endourse or tell anyone to do s!!... So stick with Android. ...
APP K is not the Same without "Steve Jobs" Tim Cook no :... This is my first bought Samsung Note,
Gar

Gary Clem

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I also have Serics 3 42mm Watch LovrL/ve my mac pro and watch JuIst not Iphones 😯👎👎👎
I know a great deal about F Applesince The 3 G Came out Both phones goodand bad , It's just how you like, to use your phone

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I also have Serics 3 42mm Watch LovrL/ve my mac pro and watch JuIst not Iphones ????????????????????????
I know a great deal about F Applesince The 3 G Came out Both phones goodand bad , It's just how you like, to use your phone

The Apple watch is the only thing keeping me using my 8+ and not Android exclusively. In my opinion, no other watch compares to the Apple watch. I have two Series 3 watches and I plan on getting a Series 4 once they become readily available and I can just go to BestBuy to get one.

srbell67

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
I find Face ID to be much faster and easier to unlock my phone just by glancing at it then trying to either position my finger correctly or open my eyes wide enough and at the right angle on my Note 9.

Considering how many times a day we unlock our phones, the speed and simplicity of unlocking it is paramount and why the Note 9 is going back.

Additionally, the Galaxy Watch is a joke when it comes to fitness tracking compared to the Apple Watch Series 4. The Galaxy Watch has a tremendous problem w accurately counting steps and monitoring ones heart rate. It is a disgrace and Samsung should be ashamed. Many people (including on this forum) have been voicing their displeasure and still no response from Samsung. At least Apple responds.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I find Face ID to be much faster and easier to unlock my phone just by glancing at it then trying to either position my finger correctly or open my eyes wide enough and at the right angle on my Note 9.

Considering how many times a day we unlock our phones, the speed and simplicity of unlocking it is paramount and why the Note 9 is going back.

Additionally, the Galaxy Watch is a joke when it comes to fitness tracking compared to the Apple Watch Series 4. The Galaxy Watch has a tremendous problem w accurately counting steps and monitoring ones heart rate. It is a disgrace and Samsung should be ashamed. Many people (including on this forum) have been voicing their displeasure and still no response from Samsung. At least Apple responds.

Even with the faster FaceID, it's still slower and much more cumbersome than unlocking with a fingerprint sensor.

But I agree with you about the Apple Watch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali