Anyone who ordered with the 25% still not get their xoom?

PaulG1488

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not even pissed anymore and I actually would have been fine if Moto came out and said they wouldn't honor the coupon. What I was upset about was the total and udder lack of customer service with intensional lying to their customers. That's not how you run a business or treat your customers. I'm a big fan of Disney and say what you want about Apple, their customer service is top notch (even though they are in a walled garden).

Sorry you had to go through all that but please go praise apple in their forum not an android one

Dunbar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had luck contacting Motorola via email regarding problems with their order? If so, what email address did you use?

I just had a miserable experience trying to get help from them over the phone (the representative told me that their call volume was too high to help me, that all of their supervisors are on their lunch break, and that I might get a call in the next couple days about my order).

Thanks.

mpm#CB

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't expecting Motorola to honor the coupon at all. I realize it was a mistake, and I would have been fine had they just said no and not given me the run around until it was too late to cancel the order. Then proceed to tell me I can reject the package which I never got the chance to. Only then tell me I must pay to return their product that I tried to cancel long before it was ever shipped.

All I really wanted was for them to cover the shipping costs to return the Xoom, and I would have been fine and would have waited for the wifi. Instead they went above and beyond, and I'm pleased with the response.

I still don't think that I nor anyone should have had to go through the hassle of calling several different people, emailing and chatting just to get a straight answer. I just wish it had been handled a little better/differently.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I called the 866 number back again today and spoke with a "supervisor" who admitted that she is not in the US, and after telling me again that it would ship "today" told me that she really has no idea when it would ship because it's up to the warehouse. I then called a different Moto number and got ahold of some one in the US who took my name and number and told me I'd receive another call today. So I then received a call from someone actually in Illinois, not outside of the US like everyone else I had spoken to. She was very nice and said she was in the process of calling multiple people but the story is this: My item will never ship because of "the system" and that I would have to go to the online store and re-order. I asked her about the discount and she said that that wasn't her department but that any discounts available could be applied (nonsense). I then reaffirmed that they would not be sending the Xoom and that my card would not be charged.

So to make a long story short: I will not reorder the Xoom, no matter how great or how much potential it has. I'm not willing to go through the hassle of trying to get the discount again, and honestly I am appalled at the deceitful behavior Moto has shown with regards to the shipping of this item. It will be a very very long time before I ever purchase another device from them or recommend them to any one. It may not matter as I'm just one guy, but if this type of thing happens often, they can really get a bad name and find themselves in the same situation they were in prior to the Droid. Say what you want about Apple, but their customer service is top notch.

I am glad that I am not the only one this has happened to. I was actually told last Thurs that this was cancelled but then I called back when my order didn't disappear and the guy said....No, its not cancelled it will ship today or tomorrow.

But yesterday she called me again and confirmed that it was cancelled....

I called 1-800-331-6456 and they were nice enough to give me another order with the same price.

Granted this one isn't yet shipped yet either and I don't even have confirmation that it'll go through....but if anyone else has this problem they could use this number to try and get it matched.

My old order is still open....Rly hoping I don't randomly see an overdraft because of it. But two CS assured me I wouldn't be charged.

I agree that this CS has been absolutely horrible. I rly rly hope I get my Xoom at what I ordered it at. I doubt I'll boycott the company but this has been a super terrible experience for me. Even with the discount.....if there was any other HC option on the market I would be lookin there.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had a horrible experience with this. I finally received tracking information last friday and was told I would receive it this monday but Fedex just called me and said they have lost the package and I would need motorola to send me another one.

So now I am waiting a call back from moto to see if they can even send me another one at the same cost.

markbo2000

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm not even pissed anymore and I actually would have been fine if Moto came out and said they wouldn't honor the coupon. What I was upset about was the total and udder lack of customer service with intensional lying to their customers. That's not how you run a business or treat your customers. I'm a big fan of Disney and say what you want about Apple, their customer service is top notch (even though they are in a walled garden).

Definitely agree with you on this. Telling the customer that it is shipping is wrong. My belief is that they are doing this to see if the customers drop the orders. If they do not have any other reason noted on the coupon saying that it cannot be used, they better be ready to have a lawsuit on their hands. Especially after honoring the coupon to others. That will come back to bite them.

Customer service goes a long way, I have had my share of differences in this with multiple companies. I have switched services in the past due to lower costs, but the services was all but gone.

jwrittenhouse

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
motorola customer service is a joke

I to have had a horrible experience. I ordered Friday 2/25 through shop.motorola.com and paid the full price. was given expected delivery date of 3/2. On 3/3 i spoke to those morons in el Salvador (they are trained to be of no assistance, and if you push hard enough you can get a supervisor who will also be of no assistance), order has not shipped and they could not speak to when it will be.

i asked to cancel, the response "orders cannot be cancelled, you have to refuse the package". The worst part, that is true, their system sucks as bad as their reps.

on 3/6 i received tracking number and immediately called fedex to refuse shipment, fedex was very helpful and actually aborted the delivery in transit.

Today, 3/10 my shipment was returned to moto, called the Salvadorians back, to get "you will get a refund in 3-4 weeks".

i actually walked into verizon on 3/3 and walked out with a xoom, which i am very happy with, too bad i'm floating over $900 for over a month due to moto sux.

Just wanted to share this, you alll are not alone, i would never recommend buying from moto.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
You could have soldbit on eBay for a profit and had money in a couple days. That is what I did.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk